How to mount Heresy's for surrounds???

eq_shadimar

WooHoo I finally found someone in OKC that wanted to trade their Heresy's for my RF3's. I am getting a set of '84 Maple Heresy's (sn 8412581/8412508). I am using Cornwall's as my main speakers and I am planning on using the Heresy's as surrounds. I am wondering the best way to mount the Heresy's as surrounds. due to my room some sort of hanging arrangment would be best. Has anyone here done this? Pictures would be great.

Thanks, cwm9.gif

------------------

Main System -

Cornwalls (L/R Main)

Heresy's (L/R Surrounds)

RC-3

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

Hafler P505 (running sub)

HT Room now X10 Controlled

ProMedia 4.2 v400 for PC

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 10-14-2001 at 06:29 PM

At nearly 40lbs a pop, I would consult a structural engineer before mounting those bad boys to your wall. You won't be able to mount them unless you drill some type of hooks into the back panelcwm6.gif. I've seen a "commercial" Heresey mounted, but not "for home use." Maybe a well-designed shelf would work? I'd look into that before trying to "mount" the speakers.

------------------

A/V AMP: Yamaha DSP-A1

DVD: Pioneer DV-606D

CDP: Denon DCM-370

MAIN: Klipsch Heresey II

CTR: Klipsch KSF-C5

REAR: Infinity SM-65

(crap)

SUB: Infinity BU-1 (crap)

Eq,

Try a search for a thread from this past February or March that has pics of the Hope trip some of us made. I think "hope pics" might get you there. In there, several of us posted links to online photo albums. There should be some pics from the Klipsch demo theater room we spent some time in - they had 8 (yes, eight) Heresy speakers as surrounds. They were mounted on simple plywood brackets with angled bottoms. They didn't require holes or hooks in the speakers, which was a plus.

If you can't find the pics, let me know and I'll dig one out and send it to you.

Of course, you could always hang yours from rope like mine are (temporarily, of course...). There are pics of that in another thread here, too. Smile.gif

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Ross -

Thanks for the tip. I will do the search. I was actually thinking about your setup when I wrote my post. Ropes would be ok but I am not sure if I could fit all those tools in my HT room to get the same acoustical benefits :-)

Laters,cwm9.gif

------------------

Main System -

Cornwalls (L/R Main)

Heresy's (L/R Surrounds)

RC-3

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

ProMedia 4.2 v400 for PC

eq,

Did you give up your RS-3's as well?

If you still have them, and a means to send rear surround input to them along with the Heresy's. You could have the Heresy's sit on some nice stands, w/RS-3's 5'-7' above them. You would have the best of both worlds for rear(discrete & ambient)sound, imho of course.

Just a thought.

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Eq,

I'm planning on building "little" Heresy-sized niches into the rear wall, into which I will place my Heresy surrounds. I've got room to build in a recess for each speaker, laying on its side and angled downwards to aim towards the listening area.

Or, at least, that *was* the plan... I've also got four RS-3 surrounds, and I had intended on using them only for movie surrounds and using the Heresies for DVD-Audio and other surround music. My receiver will let me switch like this and I thought it'd be great to have five full-range Heritage speakers for music. To be honest, though, I haven't noticed a lot of full-range content in the rear of any of the music discs I've tried and I'm beginning to think that I would be just as happy (and it would be much easier) if I just stick with the RS-3s for everything. I'm certainly open to other opinions and experiences, though.

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Please pardon the intrusion. I just want to say there are several CD's by jazz artist, who place very lively musical content for rear stereo sound on their musical discs. If you're interested, here are some of the artists along with the titles of their discs.

Brian Culbertson - Nice & Slow (HDCD)

Rick Braun - Kisses In The Rain

FourPlay - Yes, Please!

The Rippingtons (Featuring Russ Freeman) - Life In The Tropics

Keiko Matsui - Deep Blue (HDCD)

Ross...I do think that would be one sweet sounding setup...full range rears...with RS-3's WDST speakers.

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 10-15-2001 at 06:13 PM

Ross -

I found the pics. Do you know if the Heresys were mounted upside down (tweeters on the bottom)?

Laters,

------------------

Main System -

Cornwalls (L/R Main)

Heresys (L/R Surrounds)

RC-3

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

ProMedia 4.2 v400 for PC

I got my Heresys yesterday and I have them sitting on chairs right now. To be honest they don't sound to bad there. I listened to Eagles HFO in DTS and Stars Wars in DD and it sounded really great. So now I am just thinking about some speaker stands.

Humm..I am still going to try mounting them some other way but they sound good as is too. I will post to this thread after some testing and listening.

Laters,

------------------

...wake up to find out that we are the eyes of the world...

Visit my webpage to see equipment

EQ I bought some unfinished bar stools at my friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart. They are 29" high. I also bought one of those thick rubber welcome mats. Iused a Donna Summer LP to trace a pattern. Cut out the 12"circles for stability and sat my Heresys on them. They are the perfect height and stable as a rock.