RC-7 Center

JackH

It's been 2 years since I got a pair of RF-7 main speakers in maple. I've finally managed to scrap up the money for a RC-7 center channel but the dealer I ordered the speaker from says it is no longer available in maple.

Since my mains and my furnature is all maple I really wanted the center speaker to be maple too. Any suggestions on a equivalent center channel from another manufacturer in maple?

Thanks

Jack

The dealer that I've been working with has been trying to find another dealer with a maple RC-7 in stock but so far not luck. [:(]

No offense meant to your dealer, but chances are he isn't going to search as long and hard as you might want. If in your position, I would try as many dealers as necessary. For starters - use this zip code in Illinois - 60137 and then try calling the Barrets or Century Electronics in West Dundee or Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates - there is a good chance you may find one in stock and you could have them ship it. I know this is far BUT - time is ticking and the Ref's are being discontinued.

I'd try to pick up a used one on Audiogon. I wouldn't try to use a

center from another mfr, you really want to keep your front 3 speakers

matched.

It's unfortunate that maple was discontinued, I always thought it was

the best finish available. Makes me glad I finished up my system when I

did.

Good news everyone. I found a dealership in Huntsville that had a 2003 maple RC-7 that was purshased to have in the showroom so people could see what the maple finish looks like. I picked it up for $400 last Friday. Got it home, hooked it up and ran auto EQ on my receiver. The speaker sounds great.

The RC-7 sounds great. It has a much fuller sound than the JBL S-Center that it replaced.

Congratulations! It is an awesome speaker. I had considered the Maple but chose cherry when I purchased my RF5s. I think the Maple of any of the Reference line will be more rare - which down the road - could increase the value - etc.