Anybody try to put together one of these "new" Dynacos?

intotubes

I think those are for replacing. The iron is what would be cost prohibitive. I don't think a regular Joe w/ a soldering iron could build an amp with just those pc boards to start. Can you read a schematic?

Yeah, I forgot about the power supply and ouput transformers. You would have to find a junker I guess and rebuild it. Don't know if you can find replacement trannys for these or not. Yeah I can read a schematic. I've put together a couple small projects. Built me one of those gainclone chip amps too once.

He doesn't supply the schematic (why, I don't know). A guy would have to find a copy of the original kit instructions I suppose.

Just thinking out loud here. It seemed like a good start to a DIY project. Maybe not though.

There are kits out there that would be better for a grunt like you or I . Had 2 MK-II's that I rebuilt from scratch. Without the manuals and help from the manufacturer and others from this forum I would not have been able to finish it. Finding the old iron in my opinion would be the first step. I have some parts left over from my project if you might need something. Randy

Yeah...kits for grunts. I like that.

I tried a fairly complicated high powered amp without a lot of experience. I must've smoked the transistors with too much heat. It never worked. I'm not good enough to test the signal path to see what's wrong. I thought about a ground up rebuild of it but I'd have to rebuy the board(s) and components. Don't know that I'd have the patience to do it all over again. It actually was looking pretty cool. I have a huge torroidal power supply - something like 70 volts DC to the amp. It was supposed to be 250W. I had a cool heatsink that stuck through the top of the case. It was all set with switches and connectors but alas, it didn't work out.

A tube project would be cool though. Even if it was point to point. No transistors to fry. I rebuilt my FIsher and an old HH Scott mono tuner. I have the equipment to revive/restore vintage stuff if it isn't too far gone. Finding vintage stuff is a challenge though. :)

Thought about parting out the amp project on ebay to financ a vintage amp.

oh well.....thinking out loud again....

I believe one of the Dynaco websites (link escapes me at the moment) has what they call Dynaclone trannies that are supposed to be exact replacements for the originals. Craig from NOSValves I think mentioned at one time that he could provide suitable replacements as well. The Dynaco sites also have lots of info/parts for building or re-building most of the Dynaco amps. I'm hoping to tackle one or two as a 'winter' project next year.... [:)]