New to HT

mdbrien

Can someone tell me if Klipsch has something in the Home Theater department that I'm not aware of, that is similiar to Bose's 321 system. The reason I ask, is because the only thing that goes in my home is KLIPSCH!!! Since I'm into 2 channel, I would like to have a small setup like the 321 system Bose has.

Thanks,

What I'm looking for is something like the Bose 321 system that has only 2 speakers and a Sub for watching movies. I really don't want anything more, because I don't want to have to run cables. Bose also has what is called the CineMate. The difference between the 321 and the CineMate is that the 321 comes with a progressive scan DVD/CD player and AM/FM tuner where as the CineMate does not. The CineMate connects to a TV, DVD or VHS player via RCA cables.

Thanks,

I figured some knuckle head like Cal Blacksmith would make a comment that I had my mind made up on the Bose system. If that were true, I would not have asked for help! It also seems to me that Cal did not understand from my original post that I meant what I said. The only thing that goes in my home is KLIPSCH!!!!!

Ditto on what the good Doc said.

I got news for you what you are considering is certainly NOT HT, merely enhanced stereo, the speakers that came with your TV will outperform that Blose 321 garbage. I say why bother, just turn your TV up louder. If you want some bass find a cheapo AudioSource SW6.5 subwoofer even at like $20 it will still outperform the Blose bass module.

HT with a couple of satellites and a bass module, c'mon who is Blose kidding! What a joke, I guess there are people out there gullible enough to believe it though. Better sound through intensive marketing for sure.

I would recommend Klipsch's Cinema 6 system, it is 5 satellites and a subwoofer but you could just use the front three and not use the rear ones I suppose, much better than that 321 disaster.

I figured some knuckle head like Cal Blacksmith would make a comment that I had my mind made up on the Bose system. If that were true, I would not have asked for help! It also seems to me that Cal did not understand from my original post that I meant what I said. The only thing that goes in my home is KLIPSCH!!!!!

WHOA dude, take it easy! Klipsch doesnt make crap, nor do

they copy designs that are crap. There were some nice, small Klipsch choices

offered to you and you were not interested in them at all. You insisted on

getting a Klipsch version of a Bloes system and they dont make such a thing,

thus my comment.

Watch movies in 2 channels, thats ok, a Klipsch powered 2 channel

HT (not really a HT though) would sound infinitely better than anything Bloes

makes. A HT though has multiple speakers to provide discrete audio to enhance

the movie experience. If that is not what you want to do, that is ok! It is

your home and I am sure you will enjoy it!

You should relax a little though, I thought my comment

was clearly sarcasm and tongue in cheek, Laugh a little, it takes the hard edge

off of life

Cal,

I apologize for my comment to you. It's just that it's easy to get offended when the name Bose is mentioned. I guess I should have not mentioned Bose and just try to ask for input some other way.

I started this thread because I have no experience in HT. I was only trying to get some input from you all experienced HT owners on something that is small like the Bloes 321. I'm not looking for something that sounds like a theater, but something that is small and has a nice surround sound.

I definitly do not need convincing that Klipsch doesn't make crap. I've been a Heritage owner for the past 25 years when I purchased my first pair of Heresy's. Presently my system consist of:

Aragon 8008BB amp

Aragon Aurum Preamp

Jolida JD-100 CD player

Jolida JD-9A phono stage

Technics SL-1200MK2 turntable

Nakamichi Cassette player

KLIPSCH LASCALAS

Also, I still have my Heresy's and they sound as good as the day I bought them!!

Thanks,

It's cool, we're buds.

I was blown away by the sound of the GMX 5.1 system I bought for my son. When I first set it up, we had his speakers on top of my Heresys and I had to convince myself that it was HIS system on not the Heresys! The GMX system was made for computers and game stations and I am not sure if it is still available but it does have 5 speakers and you would need to run wires to get the surround sound.

The main problem with what you are asking for is that you only want two speakers and yet want surround sound. That really won't happen without the other rear speakers. I have seen other high dollar speaker makers (not boes) make a "single" long "speaker" which really has several speakers in it that claim to give surround sound but I have never seen it work as well as they say it would.

It is kind of hard to make lemonade when you have a basket of plums[;)]

If you really really didn't want to run wires through your room and

wanted to hear a 321 lookalike system then you might try one of the

klipsch mini satelite systems...putting the L, C, and R speakers in

their normal position and then put the surround speakers wherever suits

you best and fire them away from the listening position...like put them

on the floor behind a couch firing up or something like that. I still

think 2 channel would sound infinetly better, but this would be a way

for you to experiment for yourself - and since you're not after a

theatre sound you might even find the enjoyment you're seeking from it.

Ok, after much brain storming, I figure if I'm going to do something I'm gonna do it right the first time.

I'm thinking about going with the Reference Cinema 10 setup. First off, can someone with some knowledge or experience with these speakers give me their input on them. Second, can someone recommend an HT receiver to match.

Thanks,

Now you're talking {:)] The cinema 10 setup is actually very good

sounding - especially when compared against other products of similar

size and price. Klipsch totally overengineered those sats. If your room

is very large you might find them a bit lacking, but in the two rooms

I've heard them in they sounded great. The next step up would be the

RSX series - but I think they cost quite a bit more too. (just trying

to throw in some relative perspective).

I believe when the system came out that klipsch was marketing them with

yamaha recievers. I think there might still be some package deal you

can get at your dealer where if you buy it all at once you get a huge

discount or something.

Thanks DrWho,
The Cinema 10 setup that I'm looking at has the RSX-5 satellites and the RCX-4 center with the RW-10 Sub. After reading your input, I went to the Best Buy web site (because I know they carry some of the Klipsch line) to see what they have for HT receivers. I found a Yamaha HTR-5830SL for $180.00.
I really don't know anything about HT receivers and for that price not sure if it's worth buying. Here are the Product Features of the Yamaha. Please look it over and tell me what you think.

-550 watts total power: 110 watts x 5 @ 8 ohms, 1kHz, 0.9% THD
-Yamaha-exclusive Cinema DSP advanced surround sound decoder creates a rich, independent
soundfield that will envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience
-Surround sound programs: Yamaha Quad-Field and Tri-Field DSP; Dolby Digital, Matrix 6.1, Pro Logic, Pro Logic II Music, Pro Logic II Movie; DTS and DTS Matrix 6.1
-Night Listening mode creates proper tonal balance and dynamic range when the volume is lowered
-Silent Cinema mode lets you enjoy multichannel audio and video sound through headphones
-Analog mixdown lets you enjoy 5.1 channel sound from only 4 speakers, as the center channel and subwoofer frequencies are mixed into the 2 front channels
-32-bit YSS-948 DSP processor
-AM/FM tuner with 40-station random access preset tuning
-5-band center graphic equalizer
-High-performance 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog conversion for all channels
-THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.06% @ 6 ohms

-Inputs: 2 component video, 6-channel
input, 2 optical digital audio, 1 coaxial digital audio, 2 stereo audio, 4 A/V.

-Outputs: 1 component video, 1 stereo audio, 1 A/V, subwoofer, 1 composite monitor.

spacer.gif

Now remember this is just for watching movies as I have something for 2 channel.

Thanks,

spacer.gif