Belle's, It's almost criminal!!!

Bonzo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know about the rest of you .. but , to me .. that sounds alot like a PA speaker !!

I just covered this in reply to Who's post in the LaScala thread. But, let's go a little further, since actions speak louder than words. He took the LaScala home to put in his system. Okay, maybe he was curious to see what a PA speaker sounded like in his home system. His wife said it was ugly. He made it prettier by taking the same essential design and creating the Belle, which was a furniture-like speaker - apparently to make his wife happy or convince her it was suitable to be used in their home. It would seem from these actions that he might have had initial thoughts about LaScalas as PA speakers (maybe), but his efforts were to make them suitable for home stereo.

I do not see these circumstances as suggesting the general public took his PA speakers and decided to use them in their home. I see him actually designing the speaker for people to use in their homes. Maybe someone will come up with a DFH interview to suggest the opposite, but why would he have tried to please his wife with a PA speaker in their home?

I heard somewhere that even the venerable KHorn was used in cinemas for sometime, is this true and if so does that make it a "PA" speaker?!

Are my Jubilees "PA" speakers? I don't care if they are, 'cause they solved my lack of bass woes with my La Scalas.