Outlaw Audio and Klipsch

mtber101

I have an Outlaw 950 and 7100 amp///love it with my Heresy, Academy HT...if you don't want to spend too much check out Audiogon for the used 950s...they are going for 4-500 bux and are an even BIGGER bang for the buck...greater reviews on the newer 970, 990...check out www.outlawaudio.com and the saloon (their forum) for even more info.

Bill

Thanks for the quick replies.

My setup right now includes RS7 x2, rc7, rb-75 x2 and a Yamaha RX-V557. As you can see I don't have a sub (well i have a Klipsch SWS connected, which sounds pretty good in my small room). I'd like to endup with seperates, rf-7's and a sub of some kind (klipsch or svs). What order would you all go in?

The 990/7125 works great with my 7's.Its really all the power I need

but I want more to put an end to the madness for awhile so the 7500 is

on my list of things to do.I have not heard this much bass from my 7's

since I've owned em'.Its not due to the amp as I originally had the 990

hooked to other amps with the same results.The 990 is a solid performer

well worth its price or more.I also should say the 7125 is the best

125x7 amp I've heard,it sounds much more powerful and the combo is

almost dead quiet on Klipsch(no small feat).

The 990/7125 works great with my 7's.Its really all the power I need but I want more to put an end to the madness for awhile so the 7500 is on my list of things to do.I have not heard this much bass from my 7's since I've owned em'.Its not due to the amp as I originally had the 990 hooked to other amps with the same results.The 990 is a solid performer well worth its price or more.I also should say the 7125 is the best 125x7 amp I've heard,it sounds much more powerful and the combo is almost dead quiet on Klipsch(no small feat).

Fish,

Thanks for the comments. Over the weekend I tried the R965 which is the receiver version of the Sherwood P-965 that the Outlaw 990 is based upon. I was impressed with the sonic detail - although the Sherwood had a small amount of noise - hiss - which the RF5's revealed quite easily. How is the remote in general? Is set up fairly easy?

The remote sucks in general but it would do,I have a Theater Master I

use.The one good thing about the remote is you won't be afraid to

damage it.I had the Boston 7120 also a sherwood clone and it sounded

terrible compared to the Outlaw,I hope the Sherwood sounds better.The

Boston is the best built AVR I ever had,massive power and super

build,the box it came in was 28x28x17 inches.I thought I was in for

treat,I got tricked.I tried an HK 7200 one time and it sucked

too,something about super avr's just suck for sound,all imo.

As to set up its pretty simple,maybe 10 minutes for me.I use a meter

rather than auto setup.I would prefer a more elaborate set up w/more

options but it has the basics covered.The sound is the bottom line for

me and at its price w/30 policy and 5yr transferable warranty nothing

with its capability competes for music.

The remote sucks in general but it would do,I have a Theater Master I use.The one good thing about the remote is you won't be afraid to damage it.I had the Boston 7120 also a sherwood clone and it sounded terrible compared to the Outlaw,I hope the Sherwood sounds better.The Boston is the best built AVR I ever had,massive power and super build,the box it came in was 28x28x17 inches.I thought I was in for treat,I got tricked.I tried an HK 7200 one time and it sucked too,something about super avr's just suck for sound,all imo.

As to set up its pretty simple,maybe 10 minutes for me.I use a meter rather than auto setup.I would prefer a more elaborate set up w/more options but it has the basics covered.The sound is the bottom line for me and at its price w/30 policy and 5yr transferable warranty nothing with its capability competes for music.

Is the Home Theater remote the MX500? That's the same one that Sherwood bundles with the P965 - as told to me by Scott at Outlaw Audio. Seems like a nice remote. Where did you get the setup codes? I've got one more receiver to listen to before I pull the trigger. I'm still leaning towards the same bundle you have - 990/7125. The Arcam AVR300 is the one last piece I want to hear only because of a VERY strong review on this sounding better than seperates costing several thousands more - review on iar-80.com

I am curious to hear the 990/7125 'cause the Sherwood R965 ws pretty impressive sounding - perhaps a bit analytical - or just lesss forgiving of bad recordings.