Has RSW "Left The Building"?

Duderanch

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those in the Phx area, I happen to know that Showcase (aka Sound Advice aka Tweeters) is doing a product training session for their reps at a resort hotel in Scottsdale today and tomorrow, and the venerable Klipsch RSW-15 is in 'da house, along with a Klipsch rep (no one we know, I don't believe). Too bad neither BobG or PhilH could make it out here this wonderful time of year!

DD2

RossV - yes - Showcase. That is where I bought all of my stuff from. I go to the Chandler store. They have one down the street from where I work in Scottsdale, and they just opened one up at Arrowhead mall - closer to your side of town.

They have some killer stuff at Showcase! I love that store. The service is excellent (although you pay for it) - I got to trade in my 3801 for the 3802 after six months - no charges - because my 3801 was having issues with the S-Video out - you can't beat that kind of service!

DD - where in Scottsdale? Which resort - I work in Scottsdale - maybe I could stop by! Smile.gif

Bryan

Bryan - You didn't read it here, but it's at the Sunburst Resort, Scottsdale Rd and Chapparal, SE corner, in a couple rooms off the main lobby. Not sure if they are still there today. I just happened across them setting up Sunday night when I was there to see a friend in from out of town. Maybe you could call and ask the front desk...

DD2

Bryan,

Yup. I guessed Showcase. I've bought most of my stuff from their Scottsdale store, when I lived nearer to that one. Now, I guess, I'd shop at the Arrowhead store - except for the fact that I'm not in a position to be buying anything else for a while! I'll take Showcase and their service anyday, over that "other place" and their free bottles of water.

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Thanks Doug - I can't make it today anyway - gotta work ya know! So I can buy more stuff!

RossV - yeah - I hate that "other" place - I have gone in there a few times when I was "desperate" to look at something, only to not be able to find a sales person to help me, or to be grilled to death on buying an extended warranty on anything I purchased there. I say no thank you, and they say - why not? When I tell them my answer - they just shut up. I say, "all this extended warranty is, is more money for you guys, it doesn't help me at all. If they say anything after that I say, then I guess I shouldn't buy this piece of crap because apparantly it is going to break, necessitating the need for an additional warranty on top of the manufacturers warranty. Is that what you are trying to tell me?" They usually shut up. Smile.gif

Bryan

We'll have to see how that "other" place matures. It struck me initially as a Best Buy that sells Klipsch and Krell, but staffed with sales people they recruited from Best Buy. Maybe that's how Tweeter is (from a comment in another post). I am wondering if, as time goes by, their staff will become more knowledgeable and experienced. Funny, the guy selling car stereo actually was pretty good. Maybe he should switch to home stereo!!

DD2

Best Buy sells Krell and Klipsch! LOL

They should sell boomboxes and "three way" speakers.

I will never buy any serious gear from these stores.

When I walk in I feel sorry for the sales staff who I can plunge in a sea of question I know they cant answer right. cwm3.gif

Soon Best Buy will sell Boulder and Nagra!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I take a little bit of offense. I am active duty military and I work part time at "Best Buy" Yea i know its not the best stuff but never fear if people come in and want high quality i send them to Magnolia HIFI where they sell Klipsch. By the way Best Buy owns Magnolia HiFi. So there is an employee at Best Buy that represents Klipsch. The Legend continues.

------------------

Panasonic CT-36HD40 HDTV

SONY DVP-S530SE DVD

SONY CD-210 CD

SONY VHS PLAYER

YAMAHA RX-V1000

MONSTER REFERENCE INTERCONNECTS

MONSTER CABLE Z2 BIWIRE

RF-3 BIWIRED

RC-3

RS-3

KSW-12

RSW-12 & 15 began production late last week and should be shipping out now. I would expect them to show up in stores within about a week, depending upon where the store is (geographically - distance from Hope) and when they placed their orders for product - it leaves Hope based on a FIFO basis.

The RSW-10 will ebgin production next week and should therefore end up in stores in mid-November.

Sorry, I need to update the product page with a more accurate date than "early-october" obviously, but I've been VERY busy.

Jim

BTW - any RSW you see offered on the internet right now is simply that - an offer. No one has any yet - black / gray-market or otherwise.