Name That Engine.....

Gilbert

Production at Wixom of the Ford GT runs through September of 2006. They are still being made.

With an MSRP of $155K, I'm sure dealers would love to sell get even

more of them "of their books" for $200,000. In most cases, they are

currently selling for above list.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's my understanding that the demand for Ford GTs still exceeds the supply and that the announcement of the end of production has only exacerbated that. Many dealers can't even get one. Any dealer who has one but can't sell it locally would have no difficulty selling it to another dealer. They are still selling at a premium over MSRP, i.e., if a dealer chooses to carry one on its floor-plan, it's because of the halo effect it brings by having it in the showroom or some other reason unrelated to the market. The market for Ford GTs is, and always has been, that consumers are waiting to pay more than the approximate $150,000 MSRP.

I believe the base price MSRP for a GT was $179,000, as reported in Autoweek when the model was first released a few years ago. Or, maybe it was Autoweeks estimate, I don't remember exactly, but I do remember the $179,000. There are only a couple of options, but I have no idea what they are.

The GT is definitley one sexy beast, and there are tons of them available right now. Just go to Barnes&Noble or some other bookstore and pick up a copy of autoweek and look in the classifieds section. They're full of them, from dealers and owners looking to sell theirs.

I've been walking around the one at "Local" Ford in Taylor, MI for at least 6 months.

Thanks for your input, Gilbert! Happy Easter everybody! I'm in Pittsburgh, PA for the holiday, I am keeping my eyes peeled for the likes of Duke Spinner.... and any other fellow Northeast Klipchheads.....

MSRP for a 2006 Ford GT is $151,245.

The ones in the back of the latest Autoweek (got my most recent copy

Thursday) are running from a low of $163K for a used one to a high

of $190K for a new one (most of the ads don't list a price).

The ones in the back of the latest Autoweek (got my most recent copy Thursday) are running from a low of $163K for a used one to a high of $190K for a new one (most of the ads don't list a price).

Where do get the MSRP? And is that base price?

What options are available, and what is the cost break down on the options? I may make my order today [;)]

The ones in the back of the latest Autoweek (got my most recent copy Thursday) are running from a low of $163K for a used one to a high of $190K for a new one (most of the ads don't list a price).

Where do get the MSRP? And is that base price?

What options are available, and what is the cost break down on the options? I may make my order today [;)]

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/

Stripes and the McIntosh stereo are about the only options.

• 3 weeks later...

highest for me (so far) is 157, on my ducati. There was room for more on the trottle, but for me. Not at that time.

I was surprised how well Fords GT (@ $155,000) faired against those much higher priced supercars (Enzo is $1,000,000 and change, while the Carrera GT is a cool $550,000).

If could afford any of those car's I'd probably take the Carrera GT. But that Enzo sure is sweet too. ...Ah!, wake up.