Oh whatta deal

Def Leper

Although they are not my favorite heritage speakers, I admit I haven't listened to a set of Heresy's in fifteen years or more. I had a coworker mention to me that he wondered if I was interested in some speakers that his wife purchased before they got married. If not, he was going to set them out in his yard sale. He said they were Klipsch but he didn't remember the model number, and by his description and when they were purchased, I told him I was certainly interested. He said he'd take $100 for the pair.

They turned out to be a set of 1982 HWO's, still nestled in their factory boxes, and with the exception of a few tiny scratches, perfect in every way.

They sure are no threat to my Cornwalls, but my wife and I both thought they sounded much better than my current JBL mains in the home theater system, so there they sit.

I've heard so many great stories about some of the treasures you folks have snagged, I'm glad I can add my own.

I bought my 76 Heresy's at a local garage sale for $175 but they were in rough shape (still are). I have them in my garage currently being fed by my Yamaha M4/C4, but soon to be fed by my Scott 299. Suffice it to say, I have the nicest garage rig in the neighborhood. [:D]

I love the Heresy and think it's the best speaker period for under $800.

Mike

Great snare! Congratulations!

My son-in-law went to his deceased uncle's storeroom to get anything he could use (by invitation only to the immediate family). His uncle ran a club in Dallas for a number of years, and so there was lots of good old "bar" memorabilia. One of the things he picked up was a small pair of "P.A." speakers my son-in-law got to to put in the garage. He showed them to me when I was giving him a vintage Yamaha receiver.

Needless to say, his "P.A." speakers were industrial Heresies painted off-white, with metal grills to protect the drivers from flying beer bottles. He didn't know.

His were free, but you got a FAR better deal.

(PS: I'm trying to get him to make the Pilgrimage with me this June.)

Don't let the Florida address fool you. It get's cold here too. The high today will only be about 68 degrees!! [:P]

Yea, yea, yea. I lived in Temple Terrace / Tampa area for almost 5 years. I know your suffering. I miss those hotdog selling chicks on the beach. Now that's something to [:P] about!!