Belle Upgrades

RayCanales

I am planning on purchasing the Squaker Horn Upgrade for my now Brightless Sounding Belles and also pair them up with the Universal Upgrade Network .. and will be left with a pair of Belle Tops that I could use for Scrap wood to start a fire ...

has anyone else done this here (the upgrade)

what kind of improvements can I expect from this upgrade ....

and also would anyone be intersted in buying some Klipsch Tops ?

thanks

Ray,

I assume you are talking about Al's Trachorn 400 upgrade a/k/a "Klapperhorn." I did it about two weeks ago. Here are my thoughts:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/676373/ShowPost.aspx

The Belles benefit even more than Klipschorns from Al's upgrade since you are starting with the inferior K500 horn. You will be left not with the tops of the Belles, but the old front grille assembly, plus the K500 horn. Well worth the upgrade.....

Carl.

Ray,

Haven't seen you for a while. Glad to see you posting.

Are you going to try to make it to Hope in June?

yeah its been a while ... how are things in the Klipsch World ?

what you think of the planned upgrade to my aging Belles .... ? also going for that Bob Crites pair of tweeters ...

sure Im there where is the info for the get together at?

I've been listening to a pair of BEC prototype tweeters for a couple of

months. They are the best sounding tweeter I've listened to in my

Khorns. That would include K77, of course, and Beymas.

Check out the Klipsch Pilgrimmage section on the forum for the Hope info.

well checking my xover in my Belles they are the AB so now Im confused do I get them replaced with ALK universal . Extreme Slope or AA?

I also plan on getting a new amp to pair up to them and was thinking about a Mcintosh .. what Mc do you guys recommend I was planning on going with a 200W since I do like to listen to the poor old belles at insane levels .... after a night of drinking Irish Whiskey .. LOL ...

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Well I received the TweeterS from Bob and the A XoveR and after listening to the Belles before for a few minutes ... then doing the upgrades which were relatively easy ... I forgot to get Z brackets but anyway ...

there is quite a difference between my old AB Network and Bobs A

I played them for a few hours in Music and HT mode till I Killed my senses with Irish Whiskey and some good Old Single Malt Mc18 and yes they do sound a whole hell of a lot better and ... well worth the money ... no need to buy new speakers ... the Belles are alive once again ...

thanks Bob good work on the tweets and the XoveR

New to the board here, and ready to be re-introduced to the heritage line after a 30 year absence. I owned a pair of La Scala's 30 years ago and recently acquired a pair of Belles. I haven't fired them up yet as the room addition will be ready in about a week. Reading thru the posts, I have a the AB crossover and have seen mention of crossover replacement. If anyone would like to summarize reasons for and direction to go would greatly be appreciated. I plan on driving them with either a McIntosh MC150 or a McIntosh MC7300. I also plan on either supplementing or replacing the tweeters with a couple pair of DuKane Ionovacs.

Any info would greatly be appreciated

Jack

www.ionovac.com