Best Buys on Budget CD players,....?

126mhz

I have three Toshiba 3960 players and I love them,....especially knowing how little they cost. In all fairness they take a little longer to load both initally when you put a new disc in and when you wish to skip between tracks but that's as far as I can go in looking for a weak point of these ultra low priced players.

I have heard great things about Philips older CD723 players I was wondering if anyone has one of Philips newer 724 or 726 units,....are they something to write home about?

What have the rest of you found in the low priced end of CD players that might be worth having? Obviously I'd like to have something that sounds better than what I have,.....Ideas?

As always thanks,

I use a Toshiba 3950 as a transport to a Benchmark DAC1. I have a question about it. It is upsampled. Is it sending a 44.1 khz signal or a 192 khz signal to the outboard DAC? (I.e. is the upsampling before or after the digital output).

Thanks,

Chris

Oh yea - Philips 963 SA. Not cheap ($400 to $600 when new) but they are discontinued and used can be picked up for abour $225. Awesome player for the money.