Poll: How much time do you spend per week listening to your HOME 2 channel system

Travis In Austin

I have rediscovered my system with all the changes lately and I'm looking at 8-10hrs per day,the TV has about 3 hrs the last 3 months and that is Olympic viewing.

I have been neglecting 2 channel time the last few years but now listen more than I ever have which used to be 3hrs per day.

Great post,Thanks

Why cant I shut this rig off?

More time then I like to admit. The kids are grown and moved out and my wife doesn't really mind since it keeps me around the house.

Still, I think it's in the 15 to 30 hour range which includes right now as I'm typing and listening to the Khorns.

I just wish I had more time to have friends over to listen with me. Nothing better than sharing your system with friends and family who actually are interested in audio. Most get bored after about 5 minutes no matter how good it sounds. It can be a lonely hobby at times which is why I think so many of us spend a lot of time here.

I just wish I had more time to have friends over to listen with me. Nothing better than sharing your system with friends and family who actually are interested in audio. Most get bored after about 5 minutes no matter how good it sounds. It can be a lonely hobby at times which is why I think so many of us spend a lot of time here.

I totally feel the same way....it's so much more fun with other people - which is why I'm surprised people on the forums don't get together more often. I think it'd be cool to start a more formal 'method' of hanging out....It's always wierd asking to demo someone else's system, even knowing the person enjoys showing it off. We also talk so much about making fair comparisons between equipment and what better way than to bring over equipment to compare and contrast on each other's systems? I know people have a life and family and all that, but somehow me and colter manage to hang out about once every 6 weeks or so - and it is by far the most fun I have listening to music too.

Listening to many different systems has also been very educational too - it's one thing to read about something, but to actually experience it puts the reading into a much better perspective.

Maybe we should just have "mixers" more often - perhaps making it a bit more regional too. Say, once every 3 months?

I have the pleasure of hanging out with LarryC about once a week to listen to classical music. Sometimes we just chat depending on my workload. Its been really nice to have that option since he lives around the corner from my office.

Today, RPlace stopped by along with another friend to hear my systems. It had been a while since Rich was over and I've made a few changes that I wanted him to critique. Larry did the same a couple weeks ago.

My wife has been pretty good about letting me have folks over, especially people I've never met in person. If I keep it to one or two at a time, she usually doesn't mind. Bigger get-togethers are harder for me since my basement is pretty small. Once my music room is done, it'll be easier to fit more people.

BTW Rich - If you're reading this, you left your camera on my patio. I left you a message on your cell.

I know what you mean about having someone over to listen to music with you. I met a guy that lives in my home town from his post over on the audioasylum. I emailed him and we got together 2 days in a row last week, 1 to listen to his system, and the next day to listen to mine. He runs a newer tube amp (Consenance Opera?) and JM Labs Chorus speakers, Nottingham Horizon, RB300, Dynavector 10x4 cart. The difference in sound between the 2 systems were night and day. His sounded really good, but he listened at very low levels. I wish he would have cranked it a bit. When he came to listen to mine, after about 20 seconds, all he said WOW!! and had a big smile on his face. He never said which one he liked better, and it really makes no difference. It was fun being able to share my system and music with someone, and fun listening to his system that was totally different than mine.

Steve