Rough Khorns

TRiv

A bit on the rough side ( don't laugh !), but a project I have been looking for (upgrading from Cornwalls), a pair of black Khorns close enough to pick up (2 hours each way) .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5869670586

I have watched the prices of nice and not-so nice khorns for sale and have an idea of what to bid, but would like opinions of a fair price to bid up to on these gems (wrecks)

I have no problem fixing these up, and have all drivers if needed to function, so the rough condition does not bother me, ready to bid after seller answers a few questions, comments?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: 02-20 @ 8:30 AM EST

Assuming everything works, if you could get them for your max bid or less, that would be fine. DO NOT BID until the final seconds. I recommend using a sniping service.

Of course, you realize that you've alerted the competition to their availability by posting the eBay link in this forum. If you need temporary storage in the Columbus area, I might be able to prevail upon a friend to help out.

Did you check out his other auctions? Electro Voice EV Huge Corner Speaker No Res!

I figure anyone interested will find them anyway, though it was probably not a good post to ask what to pay for these ( now that I did! what a dummy), as that could give the game away, so don't let me know what to bid max! I have the ebay game down pretty good though, I like to bid low at first, then do the final snip at end ( it really is a game of chance). Actually I don't think of it as snipping, rather the max I am willing to pay, period. If it goes above my max, I'll wait till the next one comes along. I dont' mind paying for something, but paying way more than something is worth is stupid!

Assuming everything works, if you could get them for $1200 or less, that would be fine. DO NOT BID until the final seconds. I recommend using a sniping service.

Of course, you realize that you've alerted the competition to their availability by posting the eBay link in this forum. If you need temporary storage in the Columbus area, I might be able to prevail upon a friend to help out.

Did you check out his other auctions? Electro Voice EV Huge Corner Speaker No Res!

What type of car is your avatar, I keep thinking a Morgan 7?

TRiv - Even if you put in your max bid early in an auction - you are merely bidding against yourself really. You're just upping the cost to you in the end. There is ZERO value or gain from bidding early in an auction. Only detriment to your pocketbook. Can you tell me one single good reason to bid now? (you can probably edit your post above to remove the price points).

These khorns are like one of those photos where you play the game of spotting interesting things. There's so much to take in in every millimeter of the photos. :) I think the spider egg casings are a nice touch. If anyone spots a dead rat - please post!

TRiv - Even if you put in your max bid early in an auction - you are merely bidding against yourself really. You're just upping the cost to you in the end. There is ZERO value or gain from bidding early in an auction. Only detriment to your pocketbook. Can you tell me one single good reason to bid now? (you can probably edit your post above to remove the price points).

These khorns are like one of those photos where you play the game of spotting interesting things. There's so much to take in in every millimeter of the photos. :) I think the spider egg casings are a nice touch. If anyone spots a dead rat - please post!

Points well taken, and acted upon ( I thank you!). Terrible condition, spider webs, eggs, black paint overspray on everything, water damage, mice, snakes, upside down bass bin, yuk!

TRiv said, . . . don't think of it as snipping, rather the max I am willing to pay, period.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Exactly, eBay auctions are really silent auctions that end when everyone submits what he/she is willing to pay. Bidding early merely drives up the eventual price and makes it easier on your competition. Everyone has the same opportunity to bid at the end, whether sniping or not. Only a dolt who naively sits on an early and low bid is surprised when the price shoots up in the closing seconds.

TRiv asked, What type of car is your avatar, I keep thinking a Morgan 7?

Its a Rotus 8 (Buick 3.5 liter aluminum V-8), a Lotus 7 clone on steroids. You are probably thinking of a Morgan Plus8, which has the Rover version of the same engine.

Meagain wrote, There is ZERO value or gain from bidding early in an auction.

Absolutely true, whether a real auction that ends when the bidding stalls or a silent auction that ends at a specified time. Meagains excellent advice means even more coming from an eBay seller. The only parties who benefit from bids early and often are the sellers and the auctioneers.

Judging from the grill emblem, these are pre-1978 and since at least one midrange driver is a service replacment, on 2-19-06 I asked him "Why is the low frequency section (bass bin) upside down and not connected on one of these? and Did you test it too?"

His reply: "Yes, all the components were tested before I moved the speakers out of the house I bought them from. The one bass bin just got pplaced upside down in the storage unti by mistake."

Don't bid early, for reasons stated above.

What happened, did the rats try to eat their way into these. Love the description. Lots of work but worth saving.

Don't worry too much about the cat and bag, we know you're interested, most of us will be gentlemen and stay clear of the auction.

Have fun, don't bid too much.

Michael

Don't bid early, for reasons stated above.

What happened, did the rats try to eat their way into these. Love the description. Lots of work but worth saving.

Don't worry too much about the cat and bag, we know you're interested, most of us will be gentlemen and stay clear of the auction.

Have fun, don't bid too much.

Michael

Thanks Mike, and Bill H., will be waiting for final seconds to bid, no need to stir up the frey (a couple of bidders). Fixing them up for me is no problem, just hope they can be a step up from the Cornwalls I have which are modded, cabinets 11" off ground and inverted, with 511b's on top (k55v's)and k77s vertical below the 511's,and above the K33e's really works this way!

I have my own snipping service and it works simple, I bid at closing time with what I am willing to pay for something and what item is probably worth, unless it's something rare and a must have, the next bidder can have it, there is always another one somewhere, besides, paying too much for rather common or available items makes no sense.

This ebay bidding stuff is still a roll of the dice at the end.