Rough Khorns

TRiv

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unusuall twist/scam with the original auction for the rough Khorns. Saturday 3-4 I get an email for second chance at these gems at my high bid (don't say it, I know) of $1450. I send reply offering $1200 and will pick up Sunday or early in the week evenings, get reply $1200 fine but I can't pick up, seller has personal problems and can't be there but will ship...free!( before it was pick up only, he didn't know how to ship a week ago), he just got a UPS account to do deliveries, just email my full name and address and he will notify ebay to finish transaction. I was ready to roll... for about 30 seconds, then thought something was fishy. I notified ebay and got some computer generated standard crap how to avoid scam material and notified they would look into and return findings. Typical ebay, no help whatsoever, I didn't fall for this scam though and have done nothing else other than try to contact seller through ebay channel to verify it was him that sent second chance offer, no reply all day, frustrating.

A scam for sure, contacted ebay again, pointless, they never responded, never heard back from real seller either, so I contacted my competition, the buyer, and he is still picking up Khorns this week, the only help I got was from my competetor! We had no problem with conversation. So I almost 2 days ago I sent ebay the second chance notice, totally legit looking except was on personal email ( how did they get that I wonder?) and except for the scammers wanting my name and address plus free shipping, which of course caught my attention, anyway, so ebay has this scammer email address, I wonder if they will even do anything, probably not, so the scamming continues, besides collecting fees and expanding their empire, what is that orginization doing about anything?(No answer expected, I think we know)Of over 70 transactions I was only burned once for $50 and attempted scammed once now, I will still use ebay but with even more caution, BEWARE THE DIRT BAGS!

• 2 months later...

Speaking of scammers, this guy stole Klipschorn pictures from two different auctions (notice the grill emblems) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9111550634

I think these are the same gems up for sale again, poorer pictures this time around for sure

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9732267821&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

just a heads up...

Yep, these look to be the same speakers. I can't believe he's actually going to be able to make money on these things! Of course he had to transport them and all, which kind of cuts into his already thin profit margin. With his "buy high, sell for not much more" marketing practices he won't be around long unless he has a lot of spare cash to operate on. Oh well, this auction isn't over, he could still cut a fat hog in the a$$ as my uncle used to say. Only time will tell.

Yes, those are the Spider Webs. His auctions always have very good pictures. Notice how these are all backlit, etc. so they just look like black blobs with no detail. Hope the buyer isn't dissapointed.

"buy high, sell for not much more".... yep

The problem with bidding is you get yourself caught up in paying too much. I can't believe you even offered $1400+ for speakers described as they were. I didn't bother looking at the pics, but they sounded like they needed an awful lot of work.

Let's say you could get a very nice pair for $2000, which has happened around here regularly. Why would you not go the extra $600 and get something you don't have to labor so intensely over?

Anyway, that's my take on bidding. There's too much hype in the process, and only people who are the most "aloof from their competitive desires" can control themselves from losing.

You should be thanking your lucky stars for not winning that auction. I'd hold out for some very nice ones and cap my offer at $2000. They can be had. JMO.

The auction finally ended at $1626.00![:|] Can you imagine having that much in such a rough pair? Then again,who knows, the high bidder may have lots of spare time to devote to such a project and when he finishes he will only have $2000.00 and thirty days of hard labor invested. [;)]

So he paid $1475. Travelled from WV to OH to pick them up. Load them, unload them. Create the auction. List it. Deal with questions/phone calls. Sell for $1626. And get nicked with Ebay and perhaps Paypal fees. Then deal with someone picking them up and the possibility that they run like hell. Hmm...

I saw these as well. I am too two hours away and was waiting for the last minute. With about 40 seconds left went to put what I would give for them, and the price jumped from 700 to 1300 and change. Just a little info the gentleman who bought them, just sold them. They went from Columbus, Oh to Hico WV. I believe they went for 1625. I guess you could figure he made $150. But driving something big enough from the Beckley area to Columbus and back. Along with the time he had invested in picking them up and cleaning them up, he lost money. Serves him right.

I had already cleaned out a spot for them. Would have been my first real set of Klipsch speakers. :(