Thread about equipment lists

Colin

Well, I think the idea of making a space for your system in the profile is the best solution by far. One, it really helps to get an idea of where the recommendations are coming from so I think listing your system is important; it gives you an insight into the person's tastes as well as experience. I myself have listed my system about half the posts I do but have come to realize this is, indeed, a rather abused option as some have opted to put down ever last piece of metal that runs with electricity.

So my vote is to suggest using a special spot within the profile so anyone can look the info up while keeping the posting area more sparse and informative. If you notice, when I DO leave my signature of components, it is always in verdana at 1 point text which is about as unobtrusive as it gets. If they do come up with a system area, I would gladly abandon the sigature system list. While your at it, the Avatar and dancing smilies are a bit much as well...almost WORSE. I feel like I'm in Smurf land!

kh

f>s>

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 10-25-2001 at 12:40 AM

it is not so bad for the highs, but unlike Hugh Grant in Notting Hill, it does nothing for my love life when I wear the mask!

cwm17.gif

------------------

HORNS & subs; leather couch & feet up; lights out & tubes glowing!

Fini?? Youre kidding me? MAC or not MAC, Netscape, which once was the best browser, is so outclassed now that it is almost embarrassing. IE5.5 is actually faster, has better features, and is actually a better design now all the way around. It used to be terrible on the MAC but now it even beats Netscape handily on the MAC.

I am not a MS fan, but I have to admit that IE does beat NS now. This was not always the case. Netscape now doesnt even draw CSS stuff with any predictability.

Ross, you had some other replies here; no need to flee on account of one comment. Seems a bit shortsighted.

kh

f>s>