Crash . . worth buying?

Larry1

• Moderators

Hey Larry,

I rented this when it first came out on DVD and absolutely loved it. I was on the edge of my seat after about the 15 mins or so and for the rest of the movie. It's very ...engulfing, I guess is one way to put it. I really found myself caring about the characters by the end, flaws and all.

I'm not sure how it would be as far as repeat viewing, but I would certainly like to see it again. The performances were great, the sound was great...... I really enjoyed it.

I have seen it twice and would watch it again. I don't know why I haven't bought it yet but it is on my list to buy. Like Amy said it is very intence and will keep you on the edge of your seat. It may take you till the end till you get the full picture tho. If you have seen American History X it falls in the same lines.

Steve

Anybody have a opinion on the winner of 2006 oscar

for Best Picture . . .Crash? It certainly wasn't that

popular at the box office.

Watched it last night....Mannnn,,,,THAT WAS SOME MOVIE!!!!!!

Yeah....I liked it a lot. The plot, the characters, how everything

intertwined[*] with one another. I give it 10 thumbs up!!!! [:D]

ADMIN EDIT: SPOILER ALERT Don't scroll down if you haven't seen the film.

[*]The

only thing I couldn't figure out, and I think became off based with the

plot is when a righteous guy (Ryan Phillippe) all of a sudden became a

hater in one day (after saving a black man)?

Amy's 2 cents: I think the point

to that wasn't that he was righteous and all of a sudden became a

hater... I think the point was that he honestly didn't consider

himself a racist or think he had a preconceived notion about

other people, but when faced with a pressure situation like he was,

instincts came into play. Turned out he wasn't the man he

thought he was, and he DID have the mindset to think the worst.

He was naive about himself.

That's what I got out of his story line, anyway.

************ My spin *********

Well that was a huge and immediate turn around for

that guy either way imo. All in less than a day. He was a little

confrontational in the car which was a throw off from his character

based on what was shown from the start of the movie (he was against

running after the wrong SUV, he was clearly against what his partner

was doing, he reported it to his superior, etc).

At that fatal scene, he was clearly anticipating for something to happen. He clearly got what he wished for.

Well, it certainly wasn't the best picture of 2005. In fact, it shouldn't have even been nominated, IMO. But it was alright, if not a bit predictable. Plus it was depressing. I'd like to jump on the bandwagon, but I just didn't enjoy it that much. I won't give any spoilers like ARPRINCE did.

I would definitely NOT compare it to American History X.

I'd watch it before buying it -- I saw it on HBO a month or so ago before I had heard anything about it. I watched because of all the stars in it. Basically I watched it with no preconceived notions.

And it was not good--the moviemakers are very heavy handed shoving their views of racial inequalities and realities down the audience's throat. I mean, every event and line in the movie had to do with race--so it becomes very predictable. And the acting is not so good either-many of the stars were miscast for their roles. Matt, Thandy, and the Middle Eastern family I didn't believe at all.

To me, its another liberal filmmaker's vehicle for the justification for even more political correctness in our society. I was yelling "No!"at the TV when I saw this won Best Picture. A real shame and disappointment -- what with all the other worthy movies that didn't even get nominated.

American History X was genius--very well acted and a much better vision of the factors involved in hate. Maybe Crash just tried to do too much by covering every mistreated race--it was so muddled it wasn't entertaining.IMHO

not everyone lives a hatefilled, racist or racist themed plot everyday..... Remember racism is not as open as it was 50 years ago but that does not mean the casual racist comment is not said behind closed doors...........

That movie was too fake to really make me convinced that that could happen in real life....