An Invitation to all

We are going to have a little neighborhood get together this Saturday as long as the weather holds out and its not too windy. We are going to burn our burn pile (can you say bonfire) cook some chili and have a few adult beverages, and of course listen to some tunes (I am going to drag the La Scalas out in the yard).

Any one that would like to drop by is welcome. I live about 30 miles west of Richmond VA. just shoot me an e-mail and I will give you directions.

Just thought I would let you guys know we were having a party and that your welcome to stop by.

Steve

That's a nice invitation Steve - thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I live in California so I can't make it (wink). Still, it was mighty nice of you ask. How's the weather there in VA this time of year - good enough for a outdoor bash? I'm orginally from the North East but have been living in Southern California long enough so that, during the daylight hours, anything below about 62 F is now considered COLD - lol.

I was just trying to be politicly correct and asking everybody. I didn't want anyone to be offended by not getting invited just because thay are locationally impaired...[;)]

The weather in Powhatan is supose to be party cloudy with a high around 80 and a low just under 60. Sounds like good weather for a bonfire. In acuality it might be a little on the warm side.

I think the La Scalas will sound great outside. Caroline is makeing a big pot of chili but she is going to tame it down just a little so it won't be as spicy as she would normally make it.

Steve

Jeez Steve.....thanks for the offer but me and the Yamaha FJR1300 will be making a bonsai run to Daytona Beach tomorrow for a sampling of Bike Week. Unfortunately, it will have to be a down and back trip, but that's ok.

HA - it's a shorter trip than this gal I met several years back that was attending the Iron Butt Association's BBQ. She was from San Diego and had ridden non-stop to the BBQ. After a couple of hours of food and socializing, she mounted her BMW for the non-stop trip back home! Now THAT's hardcore.

Have a great time!! Drink one (or 2 or 3 or 4 or........) for me. [:)]

Tom

Tom,

That is hardcore. I have done 1,000 miles none stop twice and that was about all I could do. I was just about dead after those.

I road to Thebes house last Saturday, it was only 145 miles each way. It was 37 deg when I got home tho. brrrrr

You need to take off the later part of August and do a coast to coast and back ride with me.

I will have a couple fot you on Saturday.

Well we had our little party. I set the La Scalas up at the end of the driveway (way away and up wind of the fire). Put the Sony receiver on the porch and plugged in my computer (hand picked 8 hours of music) and turned it on about 4:30, turned it off at 10:00 and it still had a few songs left. Thats the way to set up music for a party, never mess with it till you turn it off. We had chili and hot dogs, chips, homemade icecream, cake, brownies, and smores.

Here are the LS's

post-16814-13819284077324_thumb.jpg

Sounds like it was a great party. I wish I lived near the Virginia area espcially with weather like that. Back to reality of 40's................ And hmm didyou use any different recipe then the norm? I did once for fun make liquid nitrogen ice cream when I worked at a university during the summer. Supposedly it is the best style ice cream for the reason that it flash freezes the mixture so there is no time to form ice crystals.

Damn! I've wish I've seen that, as I was not really doing anything this past Saturday. I've would've made the drive down there. Oh well, still had a nice day hiking up along the Rappahannock river, and then going over to one of my friends house right there in Fredericksburg to see his new dog. The three of us (my friend, his wife, and myself) then went out for a nice little steak dinner. Well, this weekend will be the last weekend of skiing at Massanutten (yes, believe it or not, they still have snow up there on the mountain - but barely).

Looks like a great time.

We once made some home made ice cream, followed the directions to a "T". It never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever froze into ice cream, it just stayed this sludge... very very RICH sludge.

People at the party ate it (we made it for my father in laws party).

Well, seems the directions MISSED a critical point of "and then add milk to the line" which we never did. We were using the base ingredients.

Didn't figure that out for a day later when the sludge STILL wasn't frozen in the fridge. Pops in law said he put some milk into it to cut it (the richness) down and viola!! it froze into ice cream.

Although we used the instructions HE gave us...suffice it to say, he's never asked us again to make it.[:$]

As for the LaScalas outdoors... Mine are in basement and with window cracked open, they can sound glorious when I'm out in the field with the dogs. I'd LOVE to have a similar event with them on patio focused on the field ... I think , well, I KNOW they'd sound fabulous!

oh yes.

The problem was the directions said to "add this & that" instead of "add this & than AND THEN FILL UP TO THE LINE WITH MILK"

That simple oversight, really messed us up.

As I've told my wife, I can be VERY good at following directions. I didn't waiver a bit. Not MY fault the directions were screwed up lol. Seems her mother (who had just prior passed away) of course, KNEW to add the milk and presumed anyone else would too. She didn't expect "Mr. Anal & follow the directions literally" to ever use her recipe.

[:$]