My New Khorn Listening Room is finally finished! - Pictures Attached

Cut-Throat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks mighty fine, Kevin.

The basement looks a lot different than when I picked up the Belles this past summer.

JJ

Hey JJ!

How are those Belles working for you? Have you got around to changing out those type 'AB' crossovers yet?

The Belles are working out great, Kevin. Just need to get my basement done so they can "spread out". I have a few issues to work out in regards to the basement..low ceilings, floor jacks every 6 feet, heating and cooling location problems etc...

As for the crossovers, I have a set of BEC A/AA's on loan from LWhaples. They made a world of difference. I knew the AB's are not the most desireable crossovers but after hearing the A/AA's, there . Iis no turning back.

Once again Kevin, you have done well with your basement transformation.

JJ

The Belles are working out great, Kevin. Just need to get my basement done so they can "spread out". I have a few issues to work out in regards to the basement..low ceilings, floor jacks every 6 feet, heating and cooling location problems etc...

As for the crossovers, I have a set of BEC A/AA's on loan from LWhaples. They made a world of difference. I knew the AB's are not the most desireable crossovers but after hearing the A/AA's, there . Iis no turning back.

JJ

Hey JJ,

I understand you own a 'Peach' Pre-amp? - I am itching to hear one in my system. Would you be interested in a visit to my place in the near future to see my basement and try out the 'Peach' with my speakers and amps?

Let me know,

Kevin

Geez, wonderful.

all that and no built in subs? acoustic panels?

The room is quite good acoustically. So don't need no stinkin acoustic panels - :-) - I have a REL Sub in a beautiful Rosenut Finish that I don't want to hide. I am hooking it up this week. It will be on a side wall next to a Khorn. I wired the Room for 2 REL Subs. I may get another, mostly for movies etc.

I did build up the panels behind the Khorns with 2 sheets of 3/4 inch MDF and Bracing for stability. Also the 6 drawers have Dividers to hold 3 rows of CDs. All the wiring runs underneath the cabinets and has access holes for each section.

JJ

Hey JJ,

I understand you own a 'Peach' Pre-amp? - I am itching to hear one in my system. Would you be interested in a visit to my place in the near future to see my basement and try out the 'Peach' with my speakers and amps?

Let me know,

Kevin

Kevin:

I would be glad and honored to take you up on your offer to view your newly re-done basement and I'll bring the Peach for you to try out.

I'll send you, via e-mail, my phone # so we can setup a time.

JJ