First Time using Belles - nice!!

I posted this in updates by mistake.

I bought my Belles a few years ago and never really used them. Listened a few times with the AB crossovers and a receiver and that was it. I sold my K honrs and finally have these hooked up to my new (to me) Sony digital receiver (STR DA5000 ES). I also dusted off my ALK's.

Who said that Belles had no bass? I'm listening to Neil Young's "Down by the river" through a Benchmark DAC1 and the Sony. I mention the Benchmark because I find that it has pretty full bass. Each pluck of the bass strings can be heard and felt comming from right between the two speakers. I turned my subwoofer off and didn't notice a difference. Just like the K Horns, the speakers dissappear and soundstage is big and fat (not "loose" just wide and deep) with great imaging.

I'm really surprised how close this sounds to my K Horns. Now, take all of this with a grain of salt. I have been without K Horns for about three weeks (maybe a month, can't remember) and have been using JBL L100T's and then small maggies. This room is just too big for the other speakers and they were missing a lot of what the K Horns presented. I'm really glad to have horns hooked back up. I've been missing a lot. By the way, who ever said that horns can't image?

The Sony has no grain or harshness that I can hear, just clean presentation fo the music. I have not listened enough to really sort out the minute differences, but this "budget" setup sounds great. I would guess that the $225 Panny is about the same. I picked the Sony up for a decent price and it is in perfect condition.

Chris

You gotta love folded bass horns! THANKS PWK

I love my belles and the bass is just grand.

I just made a temporary switch from tubes to solid state(not high dollar) and noticed a difference immediately. Can't wait to get my tubes back ; )

I love mine . Great soundstage and imaging . The centerline of my 2 main Belles is around 15 feet . In 2 channel mode , you would swear the center one was on . Until you stand next to it . And in 5.1 mode they make an awesome HT ...

I figured that I would set up an HT system and never use it for two channel. I t's nice, I'm enjoying teh two channel comming out of it.

Chris