Anyone want Belles, Model 19's or some Mac?

jorjen

California Bay Area. I picked up my La Scalas this morning and Lyle has a set of BK-WL's for sale. Asking about $1800.00. AB networks. A couple of scratches on the top of one and a couple chips on the riser of the other one. Overall, pretty nice. He also has a set of the nicest Altec Model 19's I have seen since I sold them new back in the 70's. Oak with black grilles and in pretty much pristine shape. I did not see any flaws. They are missing the foam horn surrounds of course. He is looking for around $1800.00 to $2000.00 for these.

I must admit, I came very close to leaving with the Model 19's instead of the La Scalas. But, my loyalty to Klipsch would not let me do it. But the sound.......

He has several pieces of VERY clean Mac gear as well. MC-2105's, MC-2205, a couple pres and some tuners, all very nice.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jordan,

I have a friend who lives in the Bay Area and is moving up to Portland (near me) soon. In fact he and his wife are driving up next week to look for an apartment. I think I could probably get him to transport stuff for me if something worked out with your friend on a transaction. I am interested in the 19's, but I am wondering about the price (maybe some Forum experts can chime in). I thought they were similar to a Cornwall in sound, size, and cost--although maybe slightly higher due to better drivers?

A Mac preamp would sure be handy to have around. Do you know what models he has, condition, price? Should I talk with him directly or go through you? Thanks!

Best in horns,

triceratops

Man, I must admit, I forgot about this one guys, sorry.

Lyle is a great guy, very nice person and quite enthusiastic about the vintage of gear we are talking about. But, he is kind of bad about staying/getting in touch. He is willing to part with the gear, it is just not very high on his list of priorities I don't believe. I have either emailed or PM'ed his phone number to you fellas. Give him a call, let him know you got his number from me so he won't wonder what the heck is up.

Speakerfritz,

I Love 'em man! My second pair, so I knew what I was getting. Bought new back in '77 and sold them some years later. Once I adjusted to the difference in bass extension going from the Khorns to the La Scalas, I was OK.

Dale,

I am assuming your are talking about pictures of Lyle's gear and NOT my La Scalas[;)]. I do not have any pictures of his stuff, sorry.

John,

The 19's are mammoth! They are 30" wide x 39"tall x 21" deep and weigh in at 143 lbs. I must say though, this pair is a fine example and would be worth having imho.