super duper satisfied!!!!

billyjoe72

I've had my first set of klf20's for a few years now. Since I got my second set a month or so ago, I feel good for lack of a better word. Finally have four. The sound just beats me from every direction. I'll be in this house at least 15 more years unless I hit the lottery, (which I don't play) so I don't need anything bigger like khorns. Not to mention, I love my neighborhood and schools. Now I can tinker with source and power. As you can see below, I don't have a great receiver or a quality dvd player. It just kind of feels like a sense of relief if that makes sense. Just wondered if anyone has ever breathed a sigh of relief when they finally get those prized speakers they have been longing for. O.K. I'm done.

toodles

Congrats, Billy Joe. I can relate since I went through a number of number of different speakers brands and models (including many different Klipsch) before I finally took that breath of relief last month. For me it took modified Belles (with Trachorns) and Altec Valencias in the rear (converted to three ways).

Glad to hear you are there. Its a nice place to be.

Carl.

• Moderators

Yes i kind of know how you feel , at least i know i'm going in the right direction now.

But i also know i'm not done with the speaker part.

Super Duper Satisfied , thats words that may come back to bite you IF you have a Wife and you told Her that.

I've had my first set of klf20's for a few years now. Since I got my second set a month or so ago, I feel good for lack of a better word. Finally have four. The sound just beats me from every direction. I'll be in this house at least 15 more years unless I hit the lottery, (which I don't play) so I don't need anything bigger like khorns. Not to mention, I love my neighborhood and schools. Now I can tinker with source and power. As you can see below, I don't have a great receiver or a quality dvd player. It just kind of feels like a sense of relief if that makes sense. Just wondered if anyone has ever breathed a sigh of relief when they finally get those prized speakers they have been longing for. O.K. I'm done.

toodles

Yes I have; 14 years ago I went to buy Heresy's, got to the dealer, then realised I couldn't afford them. Was not leaving without a pair of Klipsch speakers. At that time speakers like Advent, CerwinVega were the hot ones, that's what everyone around here wanted, not me, I wanted Klipsch. I ended up buying new KG4's. Last month I bought new H2's, and same as you,breathed a sigh of relief.So, Kg4's in the back.H2's up front, yeah I'm still smiling.

Yes, I struggled and finally made the decision to buy brand new Rf7's and they are here. I am set in the speaker department for a good while no matter how much I drool over LaScalas and Cornwall III's. Now one of these day's I would like to upgrade my amp (Sonographe) and preamp (Denon stereo receiver) ...........but hey, at least I have a great set of speakers!