Canare 4S11 Quad Star speaker cable

RTTR

Thought I'd post some pics of my new speaker wire, came today.

It's some sexy stuff about 1/2" total diameter, with 4x14GA wire in a twisted star configuration, which helps to regect some EMF. It's kind of stiff though, I'm only able to get about 10" of radius bend out of it. Overall I think it does really sound a little better then my previous 16ga non bi-wire cable. I can't really say if its the bi-wire or the larger gauge making it better, but it sounds better to me. And it looks oh so nice on the floor.

Here it is coming out of my NAD C272 amp.

post-19286-13819286555824_thumb.jpg

post-19286-1381929083386_thumb.jpg

post-19286-1381929479922_thumb.jpg

Canare makes a very good product RTTR, I have been using their flux digital cables for years and I could tell no difference in the Canare and my old entry level Synergistic which I sold for enough to buy 3 of the Digi-Flux's[:D]

If you wanted to clean the sheath up right buy the break out you can buy a box of shrink wrap tubes for $3.00 at Rat Shack and use a plain old hair dryer to cinch it down and it looks just like the pro boys cables IMHO[;)]

break out you can buy a box of shrink wrap tubes for $3.00 at Rat Shack and use a plain old hair dryer to cinch it down and it looks just like the pro boys cables IMHO[;)]

I was going to do that but wasn't sure if it was worth the money and the gas to get there.

I've been using a 10' pair of 4S11s for years now, and I've never been more pleased with the results. IMO they're more open than the Kimber Kable 8TC and MIT Terminator 2 I previously owned (and far cheaper, too)!

I have a question for you guy's.

Did you like this wire straight out of the box or did it grow on you?

The reason I ask is that I installed Quad Star into system about 11 hours ago and even after 4 beers I'm not that happy.

I redid my setup this morning so I could have nothing between my speakers and moved my rack back so I could plug all my equipment back into a dedicated 20A circuit. I am now using 30 foot runs of cable instead of 15 feet. I was using 10g. I am not bi-wiring, so I twisted both reds together and both whites.

To me I lost bass and the hi's are not as crisp. I have either been listening to music non stop or when I was running around today I had the CDP on repeat.

Is this a 50-100 breaki n wire?

Thanks for any input.

Danny

I will say I noticed an improvement from the first second I got the system running with the Canare. I like the cable, I can't see a cable making such a huge difference that you can say you don't like it, but whatever floats your boat.

I was out with a buddy today offroading, stopped at Home Depot on the way back to his place, and picked up some heat-shrink tubing, 3 pack of 3/8" - 4" pieces, $1.39 to do the cables up right, and I'm quite happy now. Looks just like cool guy cable now.

v7czfm.jpg

v7dzit.jpg