Cinderella Man - what no thread yet?

ygmn

Great movie about a real honest and tough man. This is a true story,and deservered alot more acclaim than it received, a better choice for movie of the year than Crash. Russel Crowe does another fine job on a great script. A man of great personal conviction, and a never say die attitude, turns to the Boxing ring as a means of caring for his family. Not the most talented fighter in the ring, but a man with great heart, and a never quit attitude fights his way to the top. For the lack of a better phrase, a better Rocky type movie than Rocky, this is a real man, a true story, in a tough city, during the toughest of times. A real Knock-out of a movie, worth a look.

JB--Renee is always squinting and pursing her little lips-- her accent sounded fine to me. But then, if you're from Jersey... I'm from Alabama, and I'm annoyed with most movies about the South with the bad southern accents--

I loved this movie--just saw it. Truly would have been a better choice for Oscar--historic, great acting, inspirational story.

Russel Crowe is truly a star, and must have thrown himself into this-- the boxing scenes are more believable than any Rocky fight scene, better than any boxing movie I can think of for that matter--

Paul Giamatti continually astounds me -- in every movie he plays such strong and sympathetic characters -- his managing during the fights is classic--I wish I had him in my corner!

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, Renee and Russell Crowe do a very good job with this movie. Paul Giamatti continues the critical acclaim he garnered so well in Sideways. Yet this movie did not move me the way I thought it would. It is not the epic battle of Gladiator, the hero is not the larger than life story of Master & Commander. The story is not the moving tale of Million Dollar Baby. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

BTW, if you want to see her act, it is not The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre you should see, but her masterful change of attitude in One True Thing.