Possible Moving Sale

wstrickland1

As much of a PITA moving is, it's looking like we're going to have to do it. The good news is the position will be considered a promotion and it's in Charleston, my home town. I'm not sure just how much of this audio gear is going to make the trip if it does happen. I'll probably scale down to one HT system and try to hang on to the LaScalas, although I haven't become too attached to them yet. I'll probably sell the RF/RC/RS 7s, Polk Monitor 60s, either the Martin Logan or RSW 15 sub, Pioneer VSX 1015 receiver and quite possibly the LaScalas. I'll probably just keep the Legend system, one sub and the B & K electronics. I'm just putting this out there to let people know and to see what interest there is. I'll know in a few weeks if this is going to happen.

Billy

Billy,

You will enjoy Charleston. If you decide to sell the KLF-20's, I would be interested in getting them since I'm right here in Lexington. I might also be interested in the KLF-30's.

I'm really looking for some legends to use my for surrounds. I can be contacted at 758-1286.

Thanks,

Gary

Billy,

You will enjoy Charleston. If you decide to sell the KLF-20's, I would be interested in getting them since I'm right here in Lexington. I might also be interested in the KLF-30's.

I'm really looking for some legends to use my for surrounds. I can be contacted at 758-1286.

Thanks,

Gary

Yeah, I grew up in Charleston and really had no plans to go back but I always answer the call. I'd much rather stay in Irmo but oh well. It's not an absolute done deal but pretty close. I will tell you that if I keep anything it will be the KLFs. I like them better than anything I have. To me, they seem to be a cross between Heritage and Reference although they in no way can hang with the LaScalas for efficiency.

Oh, and Willy, I doubt that I will have more room in Charleston for stuff. Have you ever compared $ per square foot to Charleston versus Columbia. It will BLOW your mind. I may have to scale back to nothing but the RB 35s. I knew I kept them for some reason.

I don't know Billy , but a nice 3 level home off of River Road on the Intercoastal Waterway sounds nice . Jet Ski's , Skurfin , Fishin and hanging out at the Sandbar sounds pretty good to me . "Kin folk said , Johns Island is the place you want to be" [:D]

guess I'll have to sell the pontoon and get another center console.

Chris, you may get your wish on the LASs

Bill,

Did you get my Email on the Receiver?

Yes I did, sorry for the reply(or lack there of). To all who have expressed interest in various pieces I will clarify.......The move isn't a done deal but after today's conversation I'd say it's getting pretty serious. There are some relocation and salary issues to work out and if that keeps going like it is then I'm gone. The absolute fact is that I will have a smaller home in Charleston. That's pure economics. There will not be room for everything I have. When that time comes I'll list everything that's going and give everyone here first(and probably only) shot at purchasing. Everything I have is pretty popular so I doubt very seriously I'd have to look any further.

• 4 weeks later...

It is official. I will be moving back to Charleston. Now I have to sell my house. The realtor sez "get all that stuff out of there(speakers mainly). We have looked at houses but can't really do anything until we get a contract on this one. Hey Willy, you out there? How would you like to home audition the RC/RFs? That would gain me some space until the move. My intentions are to find a place big enough to house it all eventually. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

It is official. I will be moving back to Charleston. Now I have to sell my house. The realtor sez "get all that stuff out of there(speakers mainly). We have looked at houses but can't really do anything until we get a contract on this one. Hey Willy, you out there? How would you like to home audition the RC/RFs? That would gain me some space until the move. My intentions are to find a place big enough to house it all eventually. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Hey Billy how ya been ?

I would have no problem supplying you with air conditioned storage space for your stuff . I have an extra room which at this time only has 4 Heresys an amp and miss. electronics . Would definitely be interesting to demo the RF's against the Belles . I have been thinking about a pair of Cornwalls next to the Belles so I definitly have the room . I was not very impressed with the RF 7's when I heard them a few years back , but that was in a showroom connected to what I consider substandered electronics . I'll bet my Quad will make them sing !

By the way , I'm sub shopping right now . An old friend Chris who owns a place called Custom Home Sound is going to come over and callibrate my room . Not for free but he is giving me a good deal . When I posed the sub question to him he reccomende the Martin Logans . Truethfully I don't think they have the spl's to keep up with my system , but since you have one I would definitely like to try it out if possible . Speaking of which I'm a little depressed right now . I just threw 5k at a Velodyne 1812 and was outbid . Tommorow I'm going to try 5.5k , but I have a feeling this thing is going to go much higher . Oh well perhaps Klipsch's THX subs could be the ticket .

Give me a holla when you find out more about your move . Willy P

• 2 months later...