that ~ $100k collection

johnyholiday

His name is Barry, and his forum name is Barrynsue or something like that. I'd made an ebay purchase from him long before he aquired that collection.

I would not purchase from him again though. Pathetic packaging, FedEx literally destroyed the item, full of long winded excusses, and I had to initiate all the communications to keep on top of my refund. Very difficult to work with, and don't expect any kind of a Forum discount or deal, that's pure BS. I did eventually get things squared away, but it was too much work and all by me.

If he has something that your seriously interested in, pick it up personally and inspect it thoroughly.

In either case, never again for me, thank you very much.

Here is the thread to which you refer: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/603776/ShowPost.aspx

For what it is worth, as an uninterested third party with absolutely no affiliation with the seller in question, I want to draw attention to my observations of his feedback record. In 1,948 feedback received by barrynsue (1 rating mutually withdrawn), 1,843 of which are from BUYERS, he has only received 3 negatives and has had 157 repeat customer feedbacks.

I left him positive feedback, but only because the issue was resolved, and at that time, I didn't think it was worth risking retaliatory Neg. Feedback. I was wrong for that, and I wonder how many other people do the same. Either way, my experience was definitely a NEGATIVE one.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I also spoke at length with a guy the won one of his No Reserve auction for an MR68's. The auction price went ridiculously low, and shortly after, that winner was informed that the glass front broke, and so the Seller "BarrynSue" refused to sell the "supposedly" damaged tuner, even though auction winner wanted it.

I'm certainly not saying that every deal with him is a bad, by no means. But I have had a personal unpleasant experience. And have personally spoken to a previous buyer. My conversations with Barry were always respectful (on the surface), what else ya gonna do when he's holding your money, doesn't communicate or is very very slow to respond. If I remember correctly, I believe he is a realtor, and I always felt like I was talking to one whenever we spoke.

With my deal, which took for ever to resolve, he informs me (but I had to call, again) that FedEx hadn' t refunded money yet, and therefore could not help me. My immediate phone call to FedEx resulted in their telling me the issue was resolved and the he had already been refunded the insured amount, over 1 week prior.

But, if you trust him based on his feedbacks (what else can you do).... by all means.... go for it. You might even get that Forum member discount. But I wouldn't expect it or bet on it.

My reason for telling about my bad experience was only intended inform forum members. This is not a malicious attempt at slamming some innocent ebayer. Just remember, you have been warned, and "Good Luck" should you decide to buy anything from him.

This is the before mentioned ~$100k collection being sold off, can't remember, their forum member name,but i do remember the supposed discount to forum members,

Item number: 9710508502

In a couple of emails with Barry early on, he was clear with me that he would be looking for top dollar as often as possible. No fire sales. Nothing wrong with that. I don't ever recall him mentioning forum discounts. He doesn't post here much does he?

Pfft-> Barrynsue"Again, I appreciate the support and look forward to

working with many members of this fine forum."this was 16 month ago an

7 post total, with links an pics an such <-Pfft,johny was emailed

(unsolicited) with offers of discount ,johny did not respond,(auction

is mentioned as a learning curve tool, as to closet classic gear) if

barrynsue stuck around there would have been a learning curve, per

Gilberts post, barrynsue throw sliders too