Chi/IN/KY meeting

colterphoto1

Here's Todd cranking the volume again! I have noticed a tendency for everyone who has visitors to play the music probably 10 db or better than their normal listening levels. Please guys, most everything sounds better louder, I listen usually at 65 db or so. Todd did have some very interesting selections to show off the clean power, smooth response, and excellent soundstage and imaging of his system.

post-10755-1381929541409_thumb.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back to Champaign, but I'm off to a knife throwing seminar / BBQ so I won't be back on the computer until very late this evening - so call it midnite when I get back so my post won't be up until around 4am (usually takes me 3 hours or so) [;)]

But for the cliffhanger..."Doc came away dissapointed"

there, that outta rile you guys up

Was it the food? I knew I shouldn't have taken you to Mancino's

Our faithful host Forrest gingerly adjusting the volume on his Scott 500? The Scott integrated amp is in the bedroom of his very cool son with a pair of smaller Tannoys (very lucky kid- he also took the previous photo for us). Forrest has Scott preamp and amplifier, and I believe another spare Scott piece that can be seen upper right on the group photo.

Woo is just a hoot to watch. Like his patented 'Woodog listening position' and his tendency to adjust speaker location by microns, his touch on the volume know is just that precise. When cranking the volume for Who's Cell Dweller (a very awesome cut there Doc), he inched it up what must have been 1 db at a time. His Klipschorns were thunderous. I could not believe that we were hearing a max of 26 tube watts, again with barely any tonal adjustment! Blew us away- Todd and I were getting headaches by now, Doc just smiled!

post-10755-1381929541498_thumb.jpg

Our faithful host Forrest gingerly adjusting the volume on his Scott 500? The Scott integrated amp is in the bedroom of his very cool son with a pair of smaller Tannoys (very lucky kid- he also took the previous photo for us). Forrest has Scott preamp and amplifier, and I believe another spare Scott piece that can be seen upper right on the group photo.

Woo is just a hoot to watch. Like his patented 'Woodog listening position' and his tendency to adjust speaker location by microns, his touch on the volume know is just that precise. When cranking the volume for Who's Cell Dweller (a very awesome cut there Doc), he inched it up what must have been 1 db at a time. His Klipschorns were thunderous. I could not believe that we were hearing a max of 26 tube watts, again with barely any tonal adjustment! Blew us away- Todd and I were getting headaches by now, Doc just smiled!

This is just too funny...no wonder you do, what you do, for a living, Colter. Great mug shot of Woo!!!!!

Here's Forrest assuming the Woodog listening position in the sweet spot. His complete lack of inertia is contrasted by my headbanging style. He claims that by maintaining absolute stillness and closing his eyes, the walls of the room just fold away and the soundstage is laid out before him.

That's Todd nearby clowning around with the 'at peace' Woodog' look. Forrest had us swapping seats constantly so whomever's disc was playing had the good seat. But there was easily room for four of us and the dog named Woo.

post-10755-1381929541572_thumb.jpg

Yes where the heck is the review... Booth good or bad.. We knwo the guys are great guys... just be honest with us. And let us know!!!

Come on Michael....

You, too, Dr Who???

Damn, man quit bugging me- you think all these photos upload themselves?

Colter - Why make a backup disc?

Have you tried Irfanview? It'll crop, enhance, size, etc. really easy/quick for net/email posting.

That way after I edit the images, if I screw up, or mistakenly do a save instead of save as, I still have the original camera file I can reload. Otherwise, you mess it up, it's gone forever. I have to be very careful and operate a strict digital workflow in my business..

Then that bundle was wrapped in flat cardboard boxes. Most parts had a double layer. We used an entire roll of packing tape. It will be able to take rough handling, but probably not a direct drop to a corner. Hope it makes it okay Larry!

post-10755-1381929541804_thumb.jpg

Here's the packaging arrangement for Larry W's single Corn cabinet. Used 3/4" dense blue foam to wrap all the corners and long edges....It took about a 1/2 sheet to do this.

Shoulda called me. I've got a guy in St. Louis that makes protective corner pads for this type thingy. Polyethylene planks, very sturdy stuff. That blue stuff is for house insulation, works OK, though..