Chi/IN/KY meeting

colterphoto1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, it's Gillan's Inn and I've got posts

on the 2 ch forum about it. It's a dual disc, meaning you get CD 2 ch

versions, then 5.1 DVD on the flip side. Also some fun extras.

Right

this minute I'm burning Gillan-Double Takes, wherein I take remakes of

old faves like Bluesy Blue Sea off the new release and dig up the older

version. I like to put a bunch of those back to back on a CD, makes for

some fun listening. Who and I can discuss the engineering details on

the road.

Speaking of engineering, we sat up last night and

watched Longest Yard with Adam Sandler. Very good use of small snippets

of music to punctuate the action and great 5.1 implementation all

around. For Who to be impressed with a movie soundtrack is really

saying something. The massive football hits sounded terrifying through

the wall-o-Cornwalls, we thought it about 80 Hz and the THUD just shook

you out of your seat.

It's almost 8 here, I'm trying to allow

plenty of time for Todd and Forrest to show off to us. From experience

I know that it takes much more than one hour for the tour of about

anyone's setup. Allowing 2 hours each (sorry, I always have to do the

math) and a 3 hour trip, if we leave around 8, get to Todds at 11, then

Woo's at 1, leave at 3- we'll get home at a reaonable 6 pm.

Helped

the Doc pack up Larry Whaples single CW cabinet last night. Used that

dense blue foam around all the edges, then double boxed. THere's like

an entire roll of packing tape in the thing. So long as they don't drop

it..... btw, I took photos of all corners- they were all square when it

left here. Interesting cabinet- what is this designation:

CDBB? (yes I know, but have some fun with it)

Michael

Wow! Sounds like I'm missing lot's of fun. Talked to Craig(NOS) and

he's with a bunch of members also. Michael,Thanks for helping with

packing of the Corn cabinet. Mike, I'm waiting to send some money,so

let me know. Thanks again!

Larry

Not completely sure on this, but I'd betcha that Who and Colt have got a tube twinkle in their eye's right now. I'll wait for their posts and comments. Should be about 3 hours from now, Colt will be home. Who's gonna push it on back to Central Illini and will be shot until tomorrow...

Another amazing Khorn display at Woodog's-diminutive and old Scott equipment...never woulda thunk it...

Home, home again....

Pretty tired right now. Dr Who has second wind and is heading over to Trey Cannon's for a bit. I'm just hanging out here. I don't know what his plans are tonight later. I'm going to bed- 500 miles in one day, I know, what a wuss!

I want to thank Dr Who for travelling along, BSButton for snagging my Crown DC300A amp and testing it. And also to Woodog and BSButton for their hospitality in showing us their systems today and blowing our minds with some cool jams.

It was really enjoyable hearing these two dedicated two-channel tube systems. I'm a bit woozy to give details and upload photos tonight, but will give a complete synopsis of the journey tomorrow, okay gang?

So my little Crown is sitting comfortably on top of my 18" JBL sub bin. Will hook them up tomorrow as well and give a listen. That should blow my little KSW away by a long shot. Right now my ears are buzzing a bit from our listening adventures and rocking all the way home.

Michael

Another amazing Khorn display at Woodog's-diminutive and old Scott equipment...never woulda thunk it...

BS - Am I right on this?.... That they sounded pretty good but might have been in a small room and hence you were surprised by this? Or - can you decipher the "never woulda thunk it" part?

Colter and Who, thanks for making the trip! Thanks to BS for shuttling them about the town! It was fun having y'all over and cranking the tunes. I really like hearing new material tunes and Cirque de Soleil (sp?) and Cell Dweller made me perk up and take notice. :-)

okay, okay, they jarred my skin, rattled my bones, and bathed me in aural thunder. Good stuff.

It'll be interesting to hear Who's take on how the khorns and old Scott equipment handled this stuff.

later for now!,

Woo

BS - Am I right on this?.... That they sounded pretty good but might have been in a small room and hence you were surprised by this? Or - can you decipher the "never woulda thunk it" part?

Meagain,

It's just "cipher" here in Kentucky...no "de" needed. Another Kentucky phrase mainly found in Muhlenburg County is "and stuff like aht raht thar" Anyway, that whole room becomes a speaker, but, my "thunk it" comment was mainly directed at the Scott equipment, 28 wpc can make yer ears bleed. Dr. Who was luvin it, but Colter and I had a headache by then. Colter is evidently speechless.

Just finished getting my camera memory dumped to the computer- pardon me, but I'm trying to establish a work flow for this digital world.

Dump to computer

Make back up disk

Edit images

use PS to make 'web sized' images for Forum

Import images to Forum

It's a pretty day, Doc just left, we did a little garage cleaning, so there will be a couple of special photos for you guys and gals. Patience, okay?

Michael

Just got back to Champaign, but I'm off to a knife throwing seminar /

BBQ so I won't be back on the computer until very late this evening -

so call it midnite when I get back so my post won't be up until around

4am (usually takes me 3 hours or so) [;)]

But for the cliffhanger..."Doc came away dissapointed"

there, that outta rile you guys up

Just finished getting my camera memory dumped to the computer- pardon me, but I'm trying to establish a work flow for this digital world.

Dump to computer

Make back up disk

Edit images

use PS to make 'web sized' images for Forum

Import images to Forum

It's a pretty day, Doc just left, we did a little garage cleaning, so there will be a couple of special photos for you guys and gals. Patience, okay?

Michael

I love cleaning the garage. I get to "rediscover" all my cool stuff. I just haven't done it in a REALLY LONG time...

Any pics of the garage?

Here's Todd and his beloved Peach tube pre-amp, she sings sweetly, and here case is a thing of beauty- WHAT- no tone controls? No LOUDNESS either, that DBX on top takes care of that nicely, adds a nice little bump below 50Hz and subharmonic synthesizer brings out some very low frequencies. No lack of bass in this room. I appreciated that this kept it true 2 channel- no little box in the corner pumping out the last couple octaves- everything was right where it was supposed to be.

post-10755-1381929541382_thumb.jpg