Chi/IN/KY meeting

colterphoto1

That packaging job was Friday night's project. Doc was then kind enough to treat me to dinner at the local O'Charlies. Watched Longest Yard and collapsed. He'd had no sleep for two day. I can sleep anytime, anywhere- but then its always interrupted by my nightmares (It's HELL being me)

The trip to Bowling Green began Saturday around 8:30, after dragging Who from his slumbers. That took most of Saturday. Who left here around 10 to go to Trey's, where he stayed much longer than I'm sure Trey expected. I heard about their conversations over early 'college boy' hamburger breakfast, sound like they got some good f2f time that night.

Sunday morning I let the Doc sleep in a bit, then we started another bit of project. I'll detail that in another thread on 2ch along with a photo that some might find startling!

Michael

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colter, you win the bet. There is no Led Zep in the house. Great mug shot! (flattering too!).

About the volume thing, yeppers it got loud. I RARELY (more like never) listen at that volume level, and when I do, I get there slowly. I wanted to push the limit, though, because sometimes you have to match the volume to the type of music. Cell Dweller needed some crunch - it is not music for afternoon tea.

Also, I knew the point where the Khorns begin to lose cohesion for that amplification and that room, and had I not gone to that volume level, LOUD as it was, it wouldn't have been a fair demo.

Finally, the delicate/gentle stuff was at the beginning, with the volume creeping towards the end.

(okay, none of that is *really* true, I just liked showing off) [:D]

and now, my kid wants your camera! woohoo!

Woo

Woo, that's one thing I always try to do when doing listening evaluations. Start soft, with more acoustical instruments, then more complex musics, then rock out. Who and I were careful not to listen to anything loud the night before or on the way down there. While Todd did blast us a bit, I felt very confident that we got the best listening sessions possible out of both of your systems.

I do realize that you never play your Khorns that loud, but was AMAZED at how coherent (was this the word you used) the sound was at very high levels. The bass just shook my sternum, and I've heard my share of sub systems in HT rigs. The sound just merged together flawlessly, even with that absolutly over-the-top Cell Dweller CD of Who's.

M

How's that Crown Colter? Surely you've got some pre-outs on that Yammie?

BS

we wired it into the Yammie hooked up to JBL 18 in the garage, so it was acting as sub to the Renkus Heinz monitors (12" ported). I was less than impressed. Who says it's an impedence mismatch between pro and consumer gear. But you guys used it with your tube preamps ok right?

Even with the Yammie software sub output cranked all the way, it just barely eeked out some tones below 100Hz. I know the cabinet is capable, maybe my pre-outs are very low level. Who will figure it out on the next go. I'm sure he's had enough of me for a while. I got some bad news while moving cabinets today and got pretty upset.

I think the Doc's toast for now. He'll probably post later tonight or Monday. I know he waits to read my 'reviews' before posting.... [;)]

Trust the force Doc!

Been listening to nothing for 3 hours now, might as well try to sleep for a bit. Nighty night peeps! Hope you all enjoyed the picture show.

ok,ok, I can't sleep again.

I see the good Dr's on board, perhaps he'll give his impressions of the weekend- it was a busy one, packaging, travel, tubes and horns, Trey, and the garage/wall o klipsch project.

M

Michael--

Yesterday must have been the day for upsetting news. A friend called from SoCA telling me her daughter OD'd 8 weeks ago. She survived (didn't do any permanent health damage, miraculously) but the whole family has a huge job ahead of them. I'm still blown away.

Fini, thank God that sensibilities came to the fore and that she's okay. Hopefully they will choose the correct path to healing.

Todd, Who got a call Sunday about a job interview so he's preparing for that. But he understands that there is a post due of two pages, double spaced, and the spelling better be spot on!

I understand that my photo is on a few computers at the Klispch Indy facility as of this afternoon. I'm kinda humbled by that. Thanks guys!

M

Fini, thank God that sensibilities came to the fore and that she's okay. Hopefully they will choose the correct path to healing.

Todd, Who got a call Sunday about a job interview so he's preparing for that. But he understands that there is a post due of two pages, double spaced, and the spelling better be spot on!

I understand that my photo is on a few computers at the Klispch Indy facility as of this afternoon. I'm kinda humbled by that. Thanks guys!

M

You shouldn't be humbled by anything. You're a magician. Now, give me some CD's.

I do not know everything that may or may not be said.. I also realise whatever is said.. It is just an opinion. I have had people come over impressed as all get out (That's Indiana talk for overwhelmed) or just so so. Sometimes my heart shrank sometimes I was surprised. (At their surprise and amazement too.. I mean I love this hobby too!) What did they think I was gonna do use BOSE 301's and a cheap sub???

I do not in any way have a perfect room and I suggest most of us do not. If, however, (minus Artto) We allow ourselves to get caught up in the excitement of our friends reasons they love Klipsch and why.... we might discover something.. And something that might work for us too. (I did in my upstairs HT with one set of surrounds on the floor tilted up behind my couch. It works, and the RS7's mixed with heritage works great too for surround duty. Also, a older decorator Cornwall II vertical on it's side as a center is also a MAJOR home run.. Between 2 k horns... blah blah blah... ) The point is, I got these ideas from others.. and tried them myself..

I then trust some of you who also seek advice will find out, too, on your own with good suggestions as well.

What I do enjoy most is meeting other fanatics... Klipsch people are great, in general, and it has been more than rewarding to see your love for things audio wise these last few years.. I never knew in my life I would find like friends into this as much if not more than I am. As a kid I thought for sure I was the only one... Who believed!! PWK lives on!!

Nope, I am not. I have not talked to Dr Who. And Mike was too excited about his pics..

I knew I should of taken all my speakers outside too for a huge pic..

That is just too cool!!!!!

Well, as I'm sure you can tell, we really enjoyed sharing all of this with a couple of great friends in the Klipsch brotherhood. Gotsta do it more often, and make a bigger deal of it...like those bozo's in Florida with Wine and Cheeseburgers.