Not Klipsch, but I did get lucky.

www.records

2 weeks ago I went into the local Salvation Army to search for vinyl. I hadn't stopped in there for several months as they have had the same dreck in there for years. To my surprise, they had received a collection of Lp's and 45's the previous day and had used it to replace the usual junk.

So, to shorten a long story, I ended up buying 3 lp's and 33 7"45's. It was on a Tuesday, and she gave me a Senior citizens discount for a total outlay of $13 and change. I am only 52, but she insisted that was close enough for the discount.

I got to looking at the stuff I bought when I got home and found I had purchased a goodie. I had a friend list it on eBay for me and it closed today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTER-NORTHERN-SOUL-Just-Brothers-Garrison-DJ-Carlena_W0QQitemZ4866820086QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sometimes you just gotta tell somebody.

Steve

Michael, it was pure luck. The 45 collection was approx. 300. They were all in great shape and well taken care of. I noticed some was Soul music from the late 60's- early 70's. The majority was country music, not my genre. I remember looking at this particular 45 and put it back down, thinking the Just Brothers was probably country music. Then I picked it up again and looked at the song titles and decided it was worth a chance, so it went into the buy pile. I am glad I changed my mind. I have some bills that have been piling up of late, so this will dig me out of the hole. Sure with I could spend it on audio though.

It just goes to show even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

Steve, way to go, man. I knew you would get some good change from this, and the new owner will be very happy as well. Kill those bills off!

We will have the small session in two weekends if you are interested. Give me a ring and you can hear what the Scott and Blueberry are good for.

For those that live in the Northeast part of the country, it might be worth your time to do some research on Northern Soul 45's. Northern Soul is USA soul music that met popularity with folks in the Northern part of the UK and is still going fairly strong. I don't know a whole lot about it, but from what I can tell some of the ones that have the most value are the virtually unknown soul bands who recorded on small labels, primarily the NE US. Very similar to the popularity of collecting garage bands of the 60's.

I have seen Northern Soul 45's sell for as much as $8000 on eBay.

I just thought it might be something someone here might find worth their time to learn about and keep their eyes open when thrifting or rummaging. There is very little investment involved, with the possibility of a nice payoff. The one I found and sold doesn't happen often, but there are quite a few of these 45's that will bring $100 and up.

Steve

Wow, that is a fabulous story. Congrats on the find AND getting a good price on Ebay.

The Just Brothers wouldn't have gotten up on my radar screen. I don't know if the song would sound familiar or not, but "Just Brothers" is not among the folks I know.