Re-sale value of Quartet, Heresy, Forte, Chorus and Cornwalls recenlty on eBay

Colin

Dont see many Quartet models for sale on eBay. Three average $347.

Four dozen Heresy pair sales on eBay, in 2004 and 2006, sell from $200 to $590, establishing the average value at $405. Shipping averages $80.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Fortes I and IIs are similar to Chorus models, though less-sensitive, and roll off slowly below 200Hz. In 2004, a half-dozen pairs sold on eBay from a remarkable $158 to a high of $930. In 2006, a few moderate sales lowered the average to $550. Shipping averages $100.

The Chorus uses a 15" woofer, but although only to 39Hz instead of the 12" Forte woofer at 32Hz. Chorus sound much like Cornwalls, but with a narrow, more modern looking, practical cabinet. The Chorus are larger and weigh 22 more pounds than Fortes. Klipsch specs show Chorus above <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cornwall models, with the same sensitivity, but less of a fall below 50Hz. Chorus are cheap to the market compared to Cornwalls. On eBay sales in 2004 and spring 2006, Chorus sales average $559, with shipping at $215.

Cornwalls I and IIs do NOT have horn loaded bass, have smaller mid-range horn than the larger Heritage models, but still have 15 woofer and amazing 100 dB/w/m sensitivity. Despite their size, they still fall off quickly below 50Hz. From 2-dozen eBay sales in 2005 and 2006, Corns sold from $550 to $1,400. An exception was in 2004, when a pair went for $1,800, but generally Corns average $930, about the same as the last 2 years. Shipping is usually not specified.

[H]

Thanx Colin, very infomative. There are a nice pair of Forte II on ebay right now. They are starting right at your average of $550. These are local to me if anyone is interested. I may be able to help out, or hold onto them. I may go look at them just for the heck of it. Although I certainly don't need them.

Jeremy

Quartet average $347.Heresy average $405... Shipping averages $80.

Fortes I and IIs average $550... Shipping averages $100.

Chorus average $559... with shipping at $215.

Cornwalls I and IIs average $930... Shipping is usually not specified.

Nice gathering of info... it can be quite usefull to someone in the

market. Chorus's are real bargins IMHO...

I'm missing a LaScala but I've got my share in

general... [;)]

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the rundown on these very popular models Colin! Keep up the tally sir.

Do you by chance have forte and forte II tallies separate? I wonder what the price difference would be as I think the forte II is much more highly prized due to the Tractrix mid horn and 15" passive.

Does the finish come into play, specifically do black speakers draw less $$?

Thanks,

Michael

Forte II's ......Black finish......very nice speakers.....Upstate New York location....$575. owner will dicker some.....Not mine, just posting for a friend, contact me for e-mail address..................The owner really doesn't want to ship, pick-up best idea...............