New RT-12d

Guest BobG

Hello BobG,

Please give us a date when the new referance subs will be shipping to our local Klipsch dealers. I am thinking on buying one 12d to add to the two Ultra subs or get rid of the Ultras and get two 12ds. What do you think?

rmlowz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BobG

Umm, Jay...how do you know this?

One RT-12d will NOT "spank" a pair of Ultra 2 subs. I appreciate your endless enthusiasm and participation on this forum, but please stick to things you know; not just what you are "sure of".

The RT subs will ship in June unless a last minute hangup happens. We are very thorough in doing QC and long term accelerated lifespan testing and won't let these babies ship till we are very certain there will be only happy owners. Sorry for the delay, but these are far and away the most sophisticated subs we've ever done; perhaps the most sophisticated on the market right now.

Whoever said "patience is a virtue" was not an audiophile.

Hello BobG,

Thank you for the info. I could not stand it any longer and just ordered one RT12d from my local Klipsch dealer he said June also. I can always get another one later. I have a pair of RF83s a 64 center and 62 surrounds that I might put it with that system. I will set it up first in the Ultra II room that I have and give it a test.

Thanks,

rmlowz

Umm, Jay...how do you know this?

One RT-12d will NOT "spank" a pair of Ultra 2 subs. I appreciate your endless enthusiasm and participation on this forum, but please stick to things you know; not just what you are "sure of".

The RT subs will ship in June unless a last minute hangup happens. We are very thorough in doing QC and long term accelerated lifespan testing and won't let these babies ship till we are very certain there will be only happy owners. Sorry for the delay, but these are far and away the most sophisticated subs we've ever done; perhaps the most sophisticated on the market right now.

Whoever said "patience is a virtue" was not an audiophile.

for some reason i thought he meant ultra as in promedia line when I think the thx model I always saw it as ultra II or kw120. sorry my mistake

Jay is too quick and jumps to make a post. [:P]

Dual THX Ultra subs will very probably play louder than dual RT12d's. The new RT series having an edge in ease of setup.

Now I am waiting for my Klipsch dealer to get the new upscale Klipsch subs.The wait ,the wait.

As the RT12d being the most sophisticated subs made,dount that. Velodyne's DD and the 1812 subs have servo control and the most complete audto Eq with on screen display.The Velodyne HGS/DD/1812 woofers use tandem push pull voicecoils their complexity is way ahead of any comnpeting woofer's motor structure.

Just my BIG two cents...worth a damn lot more. [6]

Guest BobG

Jay, your comment makes a lot more sense to me now. I wasn't thinking about the PM Ultra sub. With that frame of reference, the RT-12d certainly WILL "spank" the PM Ultra 5.1 sub!

whew, I would never make quite a statement like that. I believe the

ultra two have more spl btw but since the rt12d is passive radiators i

bet there is lower distortion due to no port noise which I heard the

kw120 happen to hit something like 40 mps or so which is high.

BTW BobG, any plans to sell them for say rsw of previous owners or diyer? [;)] come on

IMHO, the RT software is quite a bit more advanced. I guess only time will tell.

As for the software side,very possible. I am looking forward to these subs

I have been bitten badly by a subwoofer bug and am going to get 4-6 new subs in the next 12-14 months.

Both RT subs,the Velodyne SPL1500,Dynaudio's top O the line sub(finally a Dynaudio sub),and maybe the DD15(yes not the DD18)as I want to stack it pyramid style on my HGS18. [:P] And who knows maybe a large one,Definitive Trinity or finally a big SVS...the Ultra with dual TV12's.

I am all mixe4d up,have to chose,too many good subs out there.

• 4 weeks later...

The automatic correction can also be tweeked endlessly. This is going to let people learn a lot about their sub/room combination and to really dial in accurate bass. Wait till you check out the "demo".

This sounds great...! Some guys really understand subs but I just don't get it even though I've read lot's about them. Now to hear what everyone has to say about this fine looking sub once they have it/them in their system for a while. Looks a LOT like the Martin Logan sub, and the triangle shape to me is very cool.

"Flash cubes"..............lol.....lol.

I agree Speedball, the RT-12d does look like the Martin Logan subs....

Anyway, I understand that digital room correction is a wonderful thing

(at least from what I have read from everyone on this thread), but is

it a better idea to drop coin now for a Velodyne SMS-1 or wait untill

the Klipsch version? I have a good sub now and am not willing to buy a

new one completely. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

darkside

I agree Speedball, the RT-12d does look like the Martin Logan subs....

Anyway, I understand that digital room correction is a wonderful thing

(at least from what I have read from everyone on this thread), but is

it a better idea to drop coin now for a Velodyne SMS-1 or wait untill

the Klipsch version? I have a good sub now and am not willing to buy a

new one completely. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

darkside

Velodyne SMS1 would be the best choice,I would not wait for someone to release something they did not even talk about or have clearly in the works.

The thing is the velodyne sms1 is 700 dollars which is alot of money, hecks its more money then some really good subwoofers out there on the market. But, we look at the rt-12d that has a similar based system and it has capability to do more then one subwoofer. I would think hard about the rt-12d that probably will retail 1300 -1500 dollars to getting a subwoofer and rt-12d. If you already have a subwoofer it might be a better option but then again buying a rt-12d (money permitting) with that subwoofer and setting up both might be an incentive.