My neighbors are gonna hate me!

BigBusa

Guess what just showed up at the front door!?!

Female Fed Ex driver : "Sir, I have a very heavy box in the truck for you. Could you help me please?"

Me : "Sure!"

Neighbors : Probably peering out through their curtains ...Oh Gawd! Hunny quick come look at what he's carrying in this time!

Significant other : You bought a what?! How much was it!? I never get anything you son of *(%$% mother ^$# ! cwm23.gif

You guys are the only ones who understand so I have to post about it here ...cwm32.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Onkyo TX-DS787 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (8 year old 27" TV)

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 11-01-2001 at 10:22 AM

How low ears? Settings? This is the 1st sub I've ever owned so talk to me Smile.gif

I didn't think I needed one but listening to you guys here made me realize I really do.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 11-01-2001 at 09:55 AM

Sorry for the late answer...

The KSW15 can go down to about 25Hz(more like a solid 30Hz).Cornwalls have punch and good bass down to about 50Hz(yeah yeah they will reach lower).

I would cut the sub at 45Hz

In the reciever menu set the mains on LARGE.

I think this way you should have both the Cornwall punch and the low bass from the KSW15.

Try,you may find a better setting.

Just experiment with the settings.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I'm having fun with this thing! Ears, thanks for answering at all. You'e one of the guys on here that always answer all the questions from the newbies. Even the really dumb ones you still answer. Thanks!

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

up, corns also 15" but of course don't have an amp or enclosure of their own.

bb, are your corn grills recovered? looks just like that I got to recover from klipsch parts (mike lindsey if you're listening Smile.gif).

& be careful w/ that candle on the c7. looks like rock off potential. cwm35.gif

great sys!

------------------

What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?

My Home Systems Page

Thanks for a few kind words

I was just in the SUBWOOFER section of this BB.And guess who showed up? No not Ladin,nooo not Santa Claus. Yes... TV from SVS! Smile.gif

I dared to give my opinion about the M&K 100 match with Quintets and here her is!TV WHO ELSE?

I tried to cross the bridge in peace,but NOOOOO he came from under it and almost took me by surprise. cwm24.gif

My my cranium still resonates from the Ultra powerful hit. cwm3.gif

I better know next time

cwm6.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

U.P. the woofers are the same size but lemme tell ya the dedicated sub puts out a ton more bass than both of the cornwalls put together. I'm sure it has to be because of it's onboard amp powering the sub.

boa I do not think they are recovered. I got them from the original owner about two months ago. He was very much into them. They were like a part of his family. He told me everything he could about them and recovering was not something he spoke of. Here's a close up pic maybe you can tell if they were recovered or not.

-bb

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

LOL I remember those conversations and yes...I agree too... hahahaha Good for you.. I see a man with his priorities in order too. (Great sound... the video picture can come later.)

I would love to see and hear a HT setup with Cornwall main speakers, Heresy 1's for sides, behind, and the middle back if your into 7/ 8 channel sound...LOL... probably the rc7's for the mid center speaker... (I believe Klipsch has gotten back to her "roots" with a great sounding speaker <warmer perhaps too> ) If the rc-7 is not a good match when you listen to them, another Heresy for the center speaker.

IMO the newer rc-7's copper woofers and all.. sound very very nice. Although, I will hold on to my Klipschorns thank you. Maybe someday in another room I will have the Rc-7's.

Klipsch at least made great strides making a total system 9 RF-&') main, sides, fills, etc., etc., all the same tonality wise in this new line! Hats Off!!

AS I LOOK DEEP INTO YOUR EYES!!!!!!!

Follow the instructions here imediately...hehehehe

Enjoy your new system...go buy The 5th Element on DVD. Go 1:26 into the scene where the diva sings,,,crank it up...and experience Nirvana...LOL...

Oh yes, the main reason for the post, put the sub at 45HZ. I agree that is a good setting, and large for the main speakers too. This way, you still get rock solid pounding bass... but do not punch air that is not really worthwile. (Soundtrack-tone wise and waste energy trying to find it) The Cornwalls will sing, and with that big 15 inch sub....oh my.....The dvd will rock!!!!!

This message has been edited by IndyKlipschFan on 11-02-2001 at 12:29 PM

Hey Big Busa,

I hope you have such a good time w/ your new acquisition that your neighbors do hate you.

Lord knows mine do.

------------------

LSU PAINTBALL- We'll cover you with our balls!

Paintball players do it 'till their balls break!

1 Pair KLF-30's

Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Pre-amp

Carver TFM-45 Amp

Teac AD-4 CD Player

***Needed VPI HW Series Turntable*** Anybody Sellin'?

This message has been edited by KLIPSCHHOG on 11-02-2001 at 12:53 PM

Sir BigBusa -

Seems like we are following each other around with speaker purchases here lately :-). I too have just gotten Heresys for my rear surrounds to go with my Cornwalls. You can check out my link for pics.

Anyhoo I would suggest setting the eq on the subwoofer amplifer as high as it will go and let the bass management on your receiver worry about the filtering. This way you will not have to worry about any interaction between the eq filter in the sub and the eq filter in your receiver. Of course if you are not using a reciever with bass managemnet then theEARS suggestions are spot on.

Also in my listening room with my equipment I find that I get the best sound for movies with all speakers set to small and the crossover at 80Hz. For music I use 2 channel only with the fonrts sets to large and the subwoofer set to 60Hz with Front+LFE signals going to it. I personally think that if you need your speakers set to large while watching movies you are under woof'ed (or maybe TV has just brainwashed me hehe).

Laters, cwm9.gif

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

EQ shad, I'm copying you I think. I think we spoke via email as well about our systems. You said you liked your current speaker setup a lot. That helped me in picking out what I was going to buy.

Thanks for the advice but for now I have to settle with my cheesy 1993 sony pro logic reciever. It doesn't even have a sub out! I have the new ksw15 temporarily hooked between the left front speaker wire using the high level connections. My system is probably about 50% what it could be with this old sony reciever.

I've ordered 3 different recievers (onkyo 777 & 2 787's) on ubid but because my credit card has such a whimpy $500 max I can't get one to fit on it! I pay it back to zero after each purchase hoping they'll squeeze $560 on but ...nope! Ubid won't charge me in two equal payments on consecutive days either. I've put in for a limit increase so that should do the trick. I hate credit cards. I have only one and rarely used it until the HT bug recently hit me. Now I can't use it enough! Smile.gif

I could lower my standards and get a reciever that's below $500 including shipping but I am afraid I'd be sorry in the end. Circuit city had an onkyo 787 open box/demo unit for $799 + 8% sales tax today. That's $863! I can get a refurbished one shipped from ubid for a total of $550. $313 less for the same item!

I just got back from circuit city and tweeter with my monster cable sub cord and y adapter. Nothing to plug it into yet. Also got 60 ft of 12 gauge speaker wire from HOME DEPOT for ...get this ... 30 cents a foot! Its identical to what radio shack sold me for $1 a foot! 12 gauge monster cable is $1.49 a foot. cwm24.gifcwm24.gif

Time to go change my profile ! cwm33.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (subwoofer)

Lowly 1993 sony (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 11-02-2001 at 02:39 PM

Thanks ...but, 1st the reciever and then the TV. I think that's it! Maybe a single La Scala for a center speaker/tv stand and use the klfc7 for the rear center. cwm19.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

To get better sound quality and more power(over the 787) I would get the Onkyo 989/Integra DTR9.1 or the Denon 4802/5800.A Marantz SR19/18 would be nice too.

You are like me,I have a 27" TV and a all the rest I way more expensive.In my High-End HT/audio room I only have a 36" Sony!Well,its plenty for me.

TheEAR(s) Now theears