Poll: what do you like to see from a speaker company?

1) Product evolution with backward compatibility.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2) Non-obsolescence of core products and parts.

3) Custom build services available at a price.

4) Continual R&D and New Product Development.

5) Flagship Concert System for International visibility.

Klipsch has a head start on most other companies, based upon the core values of Paul Klipsch. The only problem is that hes no longer here to enforce those values. If products have inherent design qualities, such as the Klipschorn, La Scala and Heresy, they will transcend generations and market definitions.

Individual components may be improved, and various packaging exercises may be implemented, but the core components will remain identifiable and valuable as a differentiator in the marketplace.

If those core components are stable, the customer will look to customize their own speakers, perhaps at the factory. Look at Harley Davidson for an example of such creative marketing.

R&D must never stop and one must always look at what other companies are bringing to the table. To remain static is to die. Active subs are a good example.

Creating a modern Line-Array System would only require the development of three or four cabinets yet would allow the company to acquire very high visibility. If packaged properly, such systems would promote a visibility and cachet that money cannot buy.

What non sound aspects are there to like...

Continued progression,research,improving existing models.Adapting to new markets and not leaving behind the core clientele.Above all keeping true to the founder mains goals.Not losing personality and focus.

For example Klipsch being Klipsch should continue making larger Heritage speakers,even if it is to please a small core group of purists.As a company with no signature product is one with no clear direction.

What do I like in a speaker company?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

First, I like a variety of products at gently scaled price points: I dont want to feel as if I cant get at least a portion of their best sound unless I have mucho dinero.

I like a company that not only provides a value packed sedan for the middle market, but a iPod scooter for entry-level kids and a horn-loaded semi quality for tweaking (aging) audiophiles

Second, I like simple, logical answers for why they do some things, with out a lot of covering up for their weaknesses or differences.

I like a speaker package that is easy to open, and just as important, easy to re-pack. Thick slabs of Styrofoam are OK, but it is sure nice to see the speaker inside is bagged in plastic against moisture damage.

I like it when a colorful and informative (not expensive) brochure is the first thing I find one that tells me how to set up the equipment in 10 easy steps (preferably with graphics and good English).

I like a speaker company that includes the extras in the box, without extra add-on charges: all feet and cabling provided.

I like it when the binding posts are sizable, well-spaced and easy-to-use over and over again (sigh).

I need the frequency response and impedance information and wish these could be etched on the back of loudspeakers for all eternity. Otherwise, I want serial numbers, model and contact information embedded somewhere on the units.

I like when a speaker company tells which amplifiers work best with their loudspeakers and why.

I like old manuals and specs sheets available for posterity.

I like a company that provides all this information on their web site, along with excellent graphics and demonstrations of how their technology works. I dont think Klipsch is getting the message across of how important un-compression, efficiency, sensitivity and dynamics are to equipment selection and music enjoyment: they should own those words in the marketplace.

I like free and easy registration of my product.

I like a company that knows how to interface my iPod, MP3 player, cell phone, PC and future devices to my vintage integrated tube amplifiers.

I like a company that embraces innovation and shows off something new each year (high or low end).

Finally, give every movie theater in the country with Klipsch commercial systems a free movie trailer briefly and dramatically demonstrating the amazing capabilities of the theaters installed sound system and closing with Klipschs recent consumer products (hell, it could even be an exciting turn off your cell phones reminder I am getting sick of the same ones over and over).

And What Bill said.

[:P]

From what I see on this forum, there are alot of us that will buy NEW Klipsch speakers. Before you guys jump on me, just watch as the new Cornwalls get delivered, there is a couple of forum members who just received theirs, and more to come. I realize not everyone can purchase new, especially Khorns, but I notice a few have new La Scala's on order. Klipsch sells because owners tell others about them, word of mouth, and the majority of people on this forum would open up their homes to show-off their systems, and love to give a sonic display of their Klipsch's. The Heritage Line is the flagship series, the series that is Klipsch, and that will never change.

That is just MY opinion, doesn't mean I'm right, just means I prefer Klipsch. Let's face it; there are Many fine speaker choices out there, and just as many opinions of what is Best, it really doesn't matter what others think, it's what YOUR ears hears that counts, it's what puts a smile on YOUR face that matters most.

What do I like to see from a speaker company? My answer; If it ain't broke don't fix it, carry on Klipsch!!!

What i would like to see from klipcsh is a way to buy speakers form them direct. ( i don't like middlemen adds to my cost) either from the internet (prefered by me) and/or their own stores. I would also like them to post their MSRP's again. I miss being able to look up online a rough price i would have to save for and if dealers are attemping to rip me off (which of course would be sloved if i could get them directly fomr klipsch. Lastly a trade in program like magnepan would be nice. Get up to the full value for the speakers theat you have as a tradein towards a new purchase when upgrading.

What i would like to see from klipcsh is a way to buy speakers form them direct. ( i don't like middlemen adds to my cost) either from the internet (prefered by me) and/or their own stores.

I think the Company Store idea might work, if used in Outlet Stores with the HT and iPod stuff. I guess that even the Heritage line might benefit from a store that is well-planned and executed. I don't see where there is a very comprehensive Klipsch Dealer Network, to begin with. There appear to be a few good dealers, scattered about, but I've read a lot of negative posts about poorly presented products.

I would also like them to post their MSRP's again. I miss being able to look up online a rough price i would have to save for and if dealers are attemping to rip me off (which of course would be sloved if i could get them directly fomr klipsch.

Very simple to do. No excuse for NOT posting that info.

Lastly a trade in program like magnepan would be nice. Get up to the full value for the speakers theat you have as a tradein towards a new purchase when upgrading.

If you had Company Stores, that just might work. [H]