another reason to NOT buy Booze!

steamer

Hmmm, not sure I believe the article....seems a bit crazy to me.

And for what it's worth, the way these bids are proposed is in such a

way where they are specifically asking a company for their product

without actually asking the company - basically by specifying things in

the contract that only the target company can achieve. It gets really

annoying when the contract specifically requests something that makes

things worse...so if there's any reality behind the story, then it's

probably the fault of the gov't official trying to specify the custom

plugs. Still crap though.

oh I'm sure there is enough blame to go around and as usual our gov.is inefficient as hell.How about the bids submitted,why were the lower bids rejected?

probably some variables we dont know of but what a waste,if I pay taxes for this sh!t then I reserve the right to *****

Greg

I think I remember reading that this overstock was the way those noise cancelling headphones arrived on the consumer market.

"Let's cut our losses and pass it on to general public....... they'll never know the difference". [6]

In my job, I do some purchasing for the Fed Govt. Any contracts for product or services is documented. You would not believe the amount of documentation.

I just logged on to the Government procurement site I use to do some reasearch on this. I found 11 contractors who have, or are building noise canceling headphones for Aircraft and Bose was not listed.

I looked up Bose and found several pages of producs they supply to the Govt. Searched for noise cancel, got nothing, looked up headphone and found some cheap $149 headphones for music.

I don't think this story is true. It is just a good story.

I know you can give a contract to the hightest bidder but you do have to justify and docuument it. Reasearch is separate from production and in production contracts you are paid after you deliver not on invoice, this story does not wash.

Later, I will look into research contracts.

JM

I had heard this same story before, over two years ago from a Bose owner who was proud to have the Bose name associated with USAF. However he failed to mention that the product was horrible as the story alludes to. I always thought it was true though it did come from one of their followers.

I had heard this same story before, over two years ago from a Bose owner who was proud to have the Bose name associated with USAF. However he failed to mention that the product was horrible as the story alludes to. I always thought it was true though it did come from one of their followers.

If it were true then I guess I would not be surprised at all,just a bit frustrated with our gov. and the way things work.I quit thinking about this stuff years ago and this article kind of flamed the issue for me.

Greg