FS: JBL Pro, Altec Lansing 802s or 806s, Klipsch RW and RBs

Colin

Randall gets a PayPal payment from a member, when all of the payments are made, I pick-up all of the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />JBL bass bins, he gives me the list, I get the addresses from the members, I tear apart the bins, remove the components, find shipping material, calculate shipping costs, (each 511 weighs 20 pounds, add 2-3 pounds for 2-3 inches of foam and a box) tell the members the cost, wait for PayPal payments, ship to the ones who paid me, sell, discard or return the unpaid components after a month (still think he should do all this, or I should bite the bullet and buy all of the pieces, so only one person is handling all of the transaction)

does anybody want the entire JBL bin?

What part is JBL? The boxes?

They are willing to take the misc Paypals, but we'd have to have it all spoken for here first

If you're willing to take on the project Colin, looks like all the drivers and maybe three horns (if Rich is still in) might be taken. You'd have a day's work in disassembly and packing, but might make some profit on the three other 511's..

I'll fire a PM to BEC to get his price on new diaphrams for the busted ones.

Michael

If it helps you guys do something you want to do I am still in for one 511 horn. Needs to be in good shape. No broken or bent corners. Shipping zip is 21017. $75 is my limit including shipping.

I don't really need it so if this is more trouble then it is worth for Colin I am just as happy to sit this out.

Your decision.

BEC responded and has no experience with Altec gear so could not quote a repair charge. I'm not interested in non-working drivers . I have a local speaker/amp repair shop and will try to get a repair estimate there.

I think Charles has bowed out, anybody hear from travisc?

M

Hey guys, Charles called me this morning (I lied you did wake me up) np always a pleasure Chuck[:)]

I have no money at this time for toys. I do on the other hand have a 511b with adaptor and k-55v mounted up, and for sale though if anyone is interested.......say $130 + shipping

thanks for thinking of me Chuck,

how does Anne feel about me coming over with fast women and slow motorcycles?

I went over the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />AL 551Bs with Randall today shortly before Colter posted. A guy was in there saying he was going to buy some of them.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Some have one corner chipped. At least one horn is a 511A, with a gray back (but I could see no other difference). The ones that do not work probably need new diaphragms (average $50 on eBay).

All horns are black. The cases are in pretty good, but not great shape. They all have Pro audio ¼ TRS plug female connectors. Some have crossovers with caps, others merely have resistors.

The wood case adds about 5 pounds (guess-timate) but might be worth it. First, you could ship them easier, with just 2 of Styrofoam in the front. Second, they might look a little better than bare horns on top of your bass bins. One of drivers is labeled 808-8A. It looks exactly like all of the others, so I guess that is what they are.

Randall will ship them - they ship all the time.

How would this driver/horn combination sound compared to the stock Khorn driver (Klipsch K-55-M?) driver?

How would this driver/horn combination sound compared to the stock Khorn driver (Klipsch K-55-M?) driver?

It really depends upon exactly which drivers are included. As far as the horn goes, the 511s that I have heard were more open and cleaner sounding than the stock 400 horn. Along those lines, I guess my preference for that sound has led me to go with Trachorns in the front and 811s in the rear (with the 811s as squawkers). The biggest obstacle with the 511s have always been their sheer size as far as appearances (thus not fitting in a stock enclosure), but as horns go, I love their sound.

Drivers are a different story. Since the outside covers are green, they may be any of a number of the Altec aluminum drivers,. But I am not sure that you could really rely on that assumption without pulling the drivers off and looking what you have inside (materials-wise). Some have said that the other Altec pro drivers made of different materials (symbiotik and phenolic) sound just as good as the aluminum ones. I respectfully disagree. The few symbiotik drivers I have heard have not sounded as smooth (or sweet) as the aluminum models, which are my preference for home application.

So.....depends on what drivers you have. And if someone wanted to use just the horns, Great Plains Audio has new drivers, and there are always some deals out there on the used market (i.e. 806As).

Carl.