Ahhh!!! Cherry RF-83s sold out???

ottscay

I had decided to use my bonus to go for the new rf-83/rc-64 combo, but my dealer just told me the cherry towers are sold out and won't be available for 2-3 weeks [:'(]. I assume I don't have to wax on about the importance of instant gratification in this hobby...

So, what's the deal Klipsch employees? Are the towers selling that well? I want you to sell a ton of them, but not when it gets in the way of my purchase. [:P]

I'm sorry ottscay, if I remeber quite right I was the one that pushed you over the edge to get the rf-83 in cherry. Seems like I must have made other buy some cherry too [;)]

It is well worth the wait though, hang tough and you will be instantly gratified when you fire them up!

Guest BobG

Funny thing; when we forecast production on the new RF series, we used the old RF series ratio of cherry to black to guide us. RF-7 sold more cherry than any other model so we built a good quantity of RF-83 cherry, but even that wasn't enough. I guess that when people buy RF-83's they appreciate the way the new cabinet construction looks in cherry. I certainly do.

Funny thing; when we forecast production on the new RF series, we used the old RF series ratio of cherry to black to guide us. RF-7 sold more cherry than any other model so we built a good quantity of RF-83 cherry, but even that wasn't enough. I guess that when people buy RF-83's they appreciate the way the new cabinet construction looks in cherry. I certainly do.

When you forecast Heresy's how many were done in Mahogany? I have a pair in Mahogany, had no idea what they looked like untill I got them home, they look great, surprised I don't see more.

Guest BobG

Jay is correct. The RF-63, RF-83 and RC-64 cabinets are veneered in real wood. Other models are veneered in vinyl. New RT subs are also real wood veneer.

Yay!!!! Mine came in Wednesday (a week or two earlier than predicted) so I drove the four hour round trip to Casper last night to pick them up. So far my first impresions are very favorable; the highs are more open and there is no listening fatigue, the midbass is more prominent, which actually is more important (to me) than the slightly lower extensions, although that's also nice.

Lovin 'em so far...I'll give a more complete review in a few days in the HT forum.

glad to hear! If I remember right I did push you to get them did I not [;)]?

Anyways after listening to the rf-7 alot at showroom after showroom and finally listening to the rf-83 without a test I was amazed and glad I purchased the rf-83. They obviously listened to DeanG's crossover and fixed that problem with the midbass. You should listen to some low extension stuff as you will be very very glad as I see from when you recieved it I doubt you put many hours on it. There is something more with this bass than the rf-7 that I prefer. The highs also yes will not fatigue and I think reach a bit higher as the rf-7 tweeter diaprahm was really big to replicate the vrey highs (I think 1.75 inches is a bit big for a tweeter).

Yeah Jay, you can take credit for pushing me over the edge on the decision. I tried everything I could to hear them up front (my dealer gave me a good deal, but two -83s and an rc-64 are not inexpensive, no matter how you cut it), but my location in BFE prevented me from hearing anything but the rf-63s (which also helped sell me, since they share the tweater), so your positive review gave me the confidence to try them (of course I could have returned them if they ahdn't met expectations, but that's another 4 hours of driving, plus I'd feel bad since they guy is a pretty small dealer).

I have them playing big band music on repeat while I'm at work today...I'll go home and play some Linkin Park or Eminem or whatnot to give the bass a real workout...although Count Bassie relies to a suprising degree on midbass presence.