Klipsch surround or bookshelf speakers?

Migen

I'm thinking of buying some new surround and rear speakers, but i can't deside between RS or RB series.

What's the best of these two setups in 7.1 ?

2x RS62 (side speakers) + 2x RB61 (back)

or should i go for 4x RS62's (for side and back) ?

Hopefully someone will answer me...?

Thanks

Stian

What's the best of these two setups in 7.1 ?

Since you asked a subjective question, I will give you a subjective answer. I prefer book shelfs over sound sprayers for side and rear channels. I like the pinpoint directionality better than flooding the area with sound. Remember this is my opinion only.

Jeremy

I'd go with the all RB surround as well. Pretty much for the reason stated above The WDST speakers just don't float my boat. They do a great job for what they are but pretty much limit you when it comes to multichannel music where the directionality is lost.

Welcome to the forums Stian....

I like full range speakers all the way around. That don't mean others will not work. I have RF-7s, RC-7, ForteIIs for sides, (I need to run them thru an EQ to match the timbre), and Bose 901s for rears. (EQ'd). The 901s are turned around.

You can also choose towers for surrounds. I chose RF52s for surround duty.

Man, I gave your suggestion a go. But I have a couple of doorways in the room where my RF-82 system is going that I just can't get around with floor speakers as surrounds. The RS-52 surrounds are ok, of course, but I'm really leaning towards using RB-61 speakers mounted on a low shelf and angled down towards the listening area. Music is my primary criteria, and I think the RB-61 speakers would fit the need in that area better than the RS-52 surround speakers.