The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

m00n

• Moderators

I loved this movie, m00n...saw it a few months ago. It was very quirky, a la The Royal Tenenbaums...but if I recall correctly, it did move me enough to bring a tear at the end. Very well done.

Next to "Bottle Rocket" this is by far the weakest of Wes Andersons creations. Life Aquatic just feels to slow and patched together when compared to Tenenbaums and Rushmore.

Andersons films always have had a different feel about them, dry humor coupled with quirky characters are a staple of his flims.

There is a reason why Criterion chose Tenenbaums as a release, it is an amazing film.

Watch Tenenbaums a few times and notice how well crafted every single aspect is.

I liked Lost in Translation, especially when now that I have seen more than once. Usually I listen to music while watching TV, and when that film is on HBO, I usually find myself turning the audio to the movie. So I have a reference point name one of your favorite movies?

• 3 weeks later...

It's definitely not for the crowd who thinks comedy involves little more than toilets, genitals, and four letter words.

I can honestly say it's one of the few comedies I've seen in the past few years that was not predictable.

Now bring on Robert Altman's "The Prairie Home Companion."