HEY PICKY!!!

Amy

Just curious...how many hours of planning went into your setup? I've heard mention that your room is very small, but none of the pics make it seem that way...great optomization of space.

Congrats on making the big magazines. So when you gonna start dragging your room around to all the audio shows? [;)]

I've heard mention that your room is very small,

but none of the pics make it seem that way...great optomization of

space.

Very tight with a ±10' x 12' main HT area... check out the dimensions on http://home.comcast.net/~smallhousetheater/images/theater_layout.jpg .

It is easy to plan a large no-holds-barred HT, but their's must have

been like planning a RV interior where every last inch has

purpose. IMHO, it only makes Glen's transformation even more

impressive. [:)]

ROb

Fish: Thank you for the thought, sir. But, any kid in school with the name "picky"? Ee-e-s-s-s-h! I shutter to think of the beatings they'll endure!

gonzp: Patrick, you are always the gentleman, sir. Hopefully, we will have that toast in person someday soon! Maybe at the next AK Fest if your attend? I will go this time! I really missed-out.

Speedball: Your thoughts are exactly what provoked me to approach their magazine in the first place: Enough of the 10,000 square foot homes with the Bazillion-dollar-CEDIA-professional installs! What about the working guy who lives in a real house and isn't afraid to swing a hammer himself? To their credit, they jumped all over my challenge, and the rest is now history.

DrWho: Rob (formica) and I have been comparing each other's notes for a long time as we have both now "survived" the experience of gutting our small basements in the quest of cinemagraphic perfection. I think Rob's reply post to your question stands by itself: It really was a lot like designing the interior of an RV! (Great analogy, Rob!) The entire room is only 10-1/2' wide and there is just 12 feet of space from the screen wall to the front face of our bar counter. Our 3 theater seats back up to this face. From the screen wall to the wall the equipment is mounted in is 19 feet. Rob, thanks for linking to my diagram. It pretty much tells the whole story! As Rob knows, if you explore all of the pages, there really is a lot of info on my website. I hope to be adding a lot more to the "Theater Construction" section. I have lots more pictures and information to incorporate in hopes of helping other budding home theater-builders.

formica: Rob, thanks for knowing me so well! I expect to see your beautiful place in a magazine soon!

My My Picky, where do you have all the time to make that great basement and have time to wax those cars to perfection? I mean I am 21 and it would take me atleast half a day to detail my car!

Jay: I can move pretty fast for an old, fat guy! [;)]

My My Picky, where do you have all the time to make that great basement and have time to wax those cars to perfection? I mean I am 21 and it would take me atleast half a day to detail my car!

I move pretty slow for a young fat guy [:(]

I move pretty slow for a young fat guy [:(]

Congrats Picky. BEAUTIFULL room! I have been living under a rock lately I need to come back here more. I need that mag now unfortunately we don't have that around my area. I was actually looking for one the other day. It must of been a premonition. [:)]

wheelman: Yeah, I haven't see you around much lately. Thanks, man. If you are going to buy the mag, that issue will probably only be on the shelves a couple more days. I was supposed to receive a whole stack of them from the publisher to hand out, but they never showed.