KG5.5s for sale

kg5.5

At one point in the Klipsch pyramid I've been climbing, I had a pair of KG5.5 and KLF 30's at the same time. The sound between the 2 was more similar then dis-similar. I see that you really like the Reference line, but the KG's are more Heritage like in sound. As far as price, I think $450 is fair for the KG's. Especially when you would be paying 2X that amount on KLF. Good luck on the sale.

~50% of original MSRP is about the MAXIMUM you can ever expect ... unless you are dealing with something 'really' special. Search eBay for the price the last set went for. It is pretty good for determining fair market value.... they will ALWAYS be worth MORE in the owner's eyes [;)]

Here's Orion Bluebook listing:

KLIPSCH
SPK, KG-5.5 (PAIR)

Description: (2)10" WOOFERS, 1" TWEETER

Manufacture Years: 1994 - 1997

Additional Information:

Power: 100

Retail
MSRP:

$1,000.00

USED:

$414.00

Wholesale
Mint:

$245.00

Average:

$145.00
Click here for a definition of Bluebook prices.

Thanks for posting those values! I have changed my add accordingly. Thanks.

If you think your speakers are worth $450., they're worth $450, don't let people tell you what your equipment is worth. I have a set of KG4's that are atleast 9's out of 10, and would not sell for less than $400. per pair, and I would not ship, am original owner, and have books, boxes, and sales receipt. You must take into consideration shipping charges, can be a deal breaker, if too high. Good Luck

Well I thought $450 was a little high honestly, I had it at $450 or best offer, I've changed it to $400 firm.

I don't it much matters, the ad has generated no interest. They'll probably go in the closet, maybe I'll give them to my son when he's old enough to appreciate them.

Well I thought $450 was a little high honestly, I had it at $450 or best offer, I've changed it to $400 firm.

I don't it much matters, the ad has generated no interest. They'll probably go in the closet, maybe I'll give them to my son when he's old enough to appreciate them.

Who's to say what your speakers are worth? Put them up for $300. and watch the replies, funny, the prices some equipment brings, and how up and down the used speaker market is.

I just checked Audiogon Bluebook and it says $510.00 sooooooooo, unless you really want to get rid of them I would surely ask what you want or stick them in the closet. They sure are nice speakers to begin with and someone will appreciate them in the future. No sense in giving them away unless it's to an audio buddy.

Man, what lousy timing. I could sure use the 5.5's but I just bought an ss-3 surround and am working on a sub-12. I have been trying to mate my 5.2's with a similar line and these would sure do the trick. If the 5.5's sound anywhere near as good as the 5.2's, and I'm betting they do, that would make a good system. But don't give them away. I wouldn't take anything less than $400 for my .2's and they are older. I would pay $400 today if I had it. Put em in the closet. How old is your son? He might just really appreciate them one day.

• 3 weeks later...