KLF 20's/30's versus Forte II's as surrounds w/KLF 30's

gbrlex

I'm currently using Forte II's as surrounds with my KLF 30's. Would I notice a major improvement going to another KLF 30 or 20 as surrounds? I did notice a major difference when I replaced my KV-4 with a KLF C7 as my center channel.

I would appreciate any recommendations/opinions.

Well a perfectly timbre matched system is the ideal target to aim for.

Will the difference between the KLF-30 and Forte II be worth the costs?

Well that's up to you - but it seems like you'll always be doubting

yourself if you don't do it [;)]

Since you already own one of each, try setting them up side by side and

see for yourself how different they sound. If you can't notice a

difference, then moving to 30's for the rears might be a waste of time.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try putting them next to each other this weekend. I'm sure I'll hear a difference since I'm using a Rotel 1080 on the KLF-30's and Adcom 5500 on the Forte II's. When I went from the Adcom to the Rotel on the 30's there was a huge difference in the sound quality.

I haven't had much luck finding another pair of 30's or 20's anywhere near me here is SC.

I had a perfectly matched KLF-30 5.1 setup. IMHO it was verrrrryyyy nice, but overkill. I eventually bought some KLF-C7's to do some direct comparision and determined there wasn't enough difference to matter...at least to my very picky ear. So I sold the 30's and had enough left to buy 4 C7's. Now I had 7.1 for the price of 5.1 and I have greater flexibility in speaker placement. For me it's all about bang for the buck.

Your mileage may vary...and remember the only thing that matters is how it sounds to you. [:)]

Thanks for the advice. I'll try putting them next to each other this weekend. I'm sure I'll hear a difference since I'm using a Rotel 1080 on the KLF-30's and Adcom 5500 on the Forte II's. When I went from the Adcom to the Rotel on the 30's there was a huge difference in the sound quality.

I haven't had much luck finding another pair of 30's or 20's anywhere near me here is SC.

Hey Gary, I am actually in the process of moving like I said before. I haven't ruled out selling off some stuff. The offer still stands if you want to give my KLF set up a listen. Until I sell this house, I can't buy one in Charleston so I don't know what kind of room I'm going to have. I tell you what, you buy my house and I'll throw in the whole Legend set up, homemade KLF 20 center and all. They sound great in that 16 x 24 room they're in. 4 other bedrooms to boot. C'mon bro, Irmo is the place to be.

I would run KLF-10's, 20's, or 30's in the rear or as suggested the KLF-C7's. There is more content in the rear than people think. The rear is not as critical but you will notice a difference and improvment for the better running the same series of speakers in the rear make no mistake about that.

Good luck on selling your house. I've lived in Irmo and it's nice, but I'll stay on the lake.

I would love to hear your Legend system. I can be available at your convenince. Just let me know when you have the time.

I'd stay on the lake too! I'm in Chas alot but when I'm around I'll let you know. Bring a truck or SUV, maybe I'll cave and sell you some KLFs. Can I interest you in a pontoon boat? I'm going back the Center Console route after I move. 2005 Crest 25' w/ 115 Honda and trailer. I would never put that thing in saltwater.

I'll look forward to hearing from you. Email me at grawson@wistv.com and I'll send you my phone numbers.

About the pontoon. I am actually looking to buy a new one. I have a 1996 26' Tri-toon w/trailer and would like to get something a little smaller. Is the Honda 115 a 4 stroke? I would love to have a center console, but my wife insists on a pontoon. With all the stereo gear I buy, I let her win on this issue.

I'll look forward to hearing from you. Email me at grawson@wistv.com and I'll send you my phone numbers.

About the pontoon. I am actually looking to buy a new one. I have a 1996 26' Tri-toon w/trailer and would like to get something a little smaller. Is the Honda 115 a 4 stroke? I would love to have a center console, but my wife insists on a pontoon. With all the stereo gear I buy, I let her win on this issue.

The pontoon is a Crest Family Fish 25 w/ trailer, 115 hp 4 stroke Honda, galvanized trailer, CD, ski tow bar, bimini top, swim ladder, built in tackle boxes, sink, pop up changing deal under a table, canvas full cover, Garmin color GPS w/ chip for Lake Murray, everything bought brand new from Lighthouse Marina in March 2005, hasn't been used but one summer (last) and if I had to guess I'd say it has 60-90 hours on it (has hourmeter but I haven't seen it since last August). This one is cool because it has swivel "basstype" seats at all 4 corners, and 3 other lounge sofas. The drivers seat is adjustable and extra wide, 2 people can sit at the helm easily. The back of the boat where the sink is has a vinyl floor and nice carpet from there up. The boat is kept over in Ballentine right on hwy 76 in a boatyard behind the tackle shop. I'm out of town alot but if you wanted to look at it I could call them and they'd let you in to see it. Let me know. I'll be out of town at least until monday of next week but maybe even longer.

Billy

Billy,

Let me know when you get back in town and I'll take a look at the boat. I went to the Crest website and the boat looks good. Are the lounge seats big enough to stretch out in? They looked a little small on the website.

Also, I'm looking forward to hearing the legends.

Gary