My "New" Klipsch Forte II

jdhelaman

Last week I went to a store that is operated by a company that cleans carpet that sells a myriad of things that are accumulated by insurance companies due to fire damage. I'm not an expert in Klipsch speakers, but I saw a pair of Klipsch Forte II speakers that appeared to be in excellent condition, selling for $75.00. I thought it may be a mistake, so I asked them and they said that $75.00 was the right price. I took them home and hooked them up to my new Sony STR-DE898 Receiver and they sounded terrific. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these speakers are considered "quality" speakers or are they kind of mid-range quality? TIA

J Dale

jdhelaman@nc.rr.com

If you move that decimal point to the right by one digit, it would be a fair representation on what your new Forte II's are probably worth; and you would be hard pressed to find anything that sounds as good on the new market for under $2,000.

Congratulations! Keep them, and enjoy!

Craigslist ad right now:

"Reply to: sale-169517733@craigslist.org

Date: 2006-06-08, 3:47PM PDT

I am finally letting go of my attachment to my beloved stereo system. I regret to say that my girlfriend and I rarely use it. The components have a lot to give and are eager to find a new owner or owners who will play with them more...

Here's what is for sale:

Adcom GTP 600 pre-amp (with remote): $300

Adcom GFA 555 power amp: $350

Klipsh Forte II speakers : $250.

I'll sell them all together or separately.

Come by, take a look, have a listen, and take any or all of them home with you if you like..."

Last week I went to a store that is operated by a company that cleans carpet that sells a myriad of things that are accumulated by insurance companies due to fire damage. I'm not an expert in Klipsch speakers, but I saw a pair of Klipsch Forte II speakers that appeared to be in excellent condition, selling for $75.00. I thought it may be a mistake, so I asked them and they said that $75.00 was the right price. I took them home and hooked them up to my new Sony STR-DE898 Receiver and they sounded terrific. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these speakers are considered "quality" speakers or are they kind of mid-range quality? TIA

J Dale

jdhelaman@nc.rr.com

Very, very nice buy, now follow up by using the 5.1, DTS on your reciever, a nice base for Home Theater, how did you get so lucky? The only comment I have, is I find Forte's to be aggressive in the mid's, but that is no big deal, a FINE speaker, a great deal, a new receiver, sounds to me like your ready to Rock!!!!.......Enjoy.......

I have Forte 1s (there isnt much difference) and I love

them. Mine are used as mains in my HT and they are KILLER! They were the first

Klipsch speakers I have ever bought, now I have 12 and my love of the Forte is

still the same. You STOLE those speakers, and yes, they are HIGH quality ENJOY!