I didn't know what to say!

dtel

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's put it this way, Uncle Sam paid for my last visit to Deutschland and I was stationed there for practically 3 years...best 3 years of my life! Lot's of traveling and experiencing the local people and their culture (I never went through the so-called culture shock, even if I can't speak the language). I made many German friends and even dated a girl there (she was a civilian contrator who later fell in love with my boss and exec-officer (and a First Lieutenant) and later got married (I was their wedding photographer)!

I'd go back there again in a heartbeat if I could afford to...not to reside for I love my country and where I live...but I'd sure love to visit there again, and this time visit the east that was prohibited to me back in the '80s.[ap]

If you ever get the chance to travel abroad and see the world, do it! I'd still like to see the rest of this country and go out west (Durango, CO is the furthest west this easterner has ever been).

I made it out to New Mexico when our daughter graduated from college. Beautiful country, but too dry for me. Wisconsin, the Michigan U.P, and Minnesota are nice. Vacationed in Maine. This is one beautiful country.

Bruce

• Moderators

I made it out to New Mexico when our daughter graduated from college. Beautiful country, but too dry for me. Wisconsin, the Michigan U.P, and Minnesota are nice. Vacationed in Maine. This is one beautiful country.

Bruce

Marvel,

You live in my favorite part of the USA. The area you live in IMO is beautiful. The Smoky Mountains are right out your front door, how much nicer can that be. I wish you could have made it to Hope. We have met a lot of our fellow forum members and they are wonderful people.

This part of the country is some of the best. No doubt about it.

Maybe the next Hope or Indy get together that you make it to. Would have been nice to meet some folks face to face.

Bruce