Cornwall: Single Cabinet Price?

PrestonTom

Folks,

I picked up a pair of of Cornwall 2s (oiled Oak & in good shape). I am using one as an additive center for a "2" channel set up.

What to do with the other cabinet? I am running out of room.

What is a fair price for for a single Cornwall cabinet? I am not quite ready to sell, but almost ready .....

I talked myself into various scenarios of why I should take a fair price for a pair and use either half the amount, or a bit more, or a bit less.

Now that Michael has K-Horns, he probably does need to add to his collection of (the "wall" of ) Cornwalls.

Thanks,

-Tom

Sorry, can't help you with the price. The market will dictate that and not really a good time to be selling audio gear.

I would think you should get more then 1/2 the price of the pair. Lots of people want a singe for 2-channel or HT. A lot are not willing to do exactly what you did, buy the pair and take on the burdon of reselling (packing, shipping, email, phone calls) plus the time involved to track them down and in turn splitting them up. The guy who wants a single and only a single should be willing to pay a premium.

Good luck!

Guys,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Originally I got a very good deal on these (thanks to forum members who follow the obscure classifieds & share the info). However my house has bcome full. The idea of a spare is attractive but ......

In the next 6 months I will need to sell some Maggies (SMGa's), some Vandersteen 2s, some Dynaco (PAS3 preamp & Stereo 120 amp), Martin Logan Aerius speakers (they do not do everything, but what they do, is done beautifully). The list continues... But the money can be put toward digital EQ and some better (at least fancier) amps.

Good Luck,

-Tom