Cornwall IIIs on Ebay

BEC

OK this auction is a scam, but gets (dis)honorable mention for some creativity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9743760470

Look at the guy's feedback. All 10 feedback entries are from yesterday (the 17th) from auctions ending yesterday. I think this one created 11 eBay accounts and started a mutual admiration society with himself. Notice all the sales are from China to China, but all feedback is in english.

What I can't see is anything to prove to eBay that an eBay rule has been broken, so I can't think of how to report the thief.

Bob Crites

OK this auction is a scam, but gets (dis)honorable mention for some creativity. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9743760470 Look at the guy's feedback. All 10 feedback entries are from yesterday (the 17th) from auctions ending yesterday. I think this one created 11 eBay accounts and started a mutual admiration society with himself. Notice all the sales are from China to China, but all feedback is in english. What I can't see is anything to prove to eBay that an eBay rule has been broken, so I can't think of how to report the thief. Bob Crites

Well, the person is consistent.... [;)]

compare items

Item Title

PayPal

Bids

Price

Shipping

to USA

Time Left sort_up.gif

97437585148080_0.jpg

New

VELODYNE ACOUSTICS HGS-12 Subwoofer

s.gif

-

Buy It Now

EUR 200.00

EUR 380.00

EUR 50.00

12h 32m

97437592418080_0.jpg

New

Infinity Cascade Model Fifteen Powered subwoofer Black

s.gif

-

Buy It Now

EUR 200.00

EUR 380.00

EUR 50.00

12h 33m

97437604708080_0.jpg

New

Klipsch Cornwall III Black (Each) 3-Way Horn Loaded

s.gif

-

Buy It Now

EUR 200.00

EUR 380.00

EUR 50.00

12h 36m

97437612338080_0.jpg

New

KEF KHT3005 High Gloss Black KEF KHT3005 5.1 Surround

s.gif

-

Buy It Now

EUR 200.00

EUR 380.00

EUR 50.00

12h 38m

97437620058080_0.jpg

New

KLIPSCH RSW-15 Reference Series Powered Subwoofer

s.gif

-

Buy It Now

EUR 200.00

EUR 380.00

EUR 50.00

12h 40m

OK this auction is a scam, but gets (dis)honorable mention for some creativity. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9743760470 Look at the guy's feedback. All 10 feedback entries are from yesterday (the 17th) from auctions ending yesterday. I think this one created 11 eBay accounts and started a mutual admiration society with himself. Notice all the sales are from China to China, but all feedback is in english. What I can't see is anything to prove to eBay that an eBay rule has been broken, so I can't think of how to report the thief. Bob Crites

intresting. in the u.s. you need a credit card to create an ebay id, so does this mean the fellow has 11 credit cards?

notice we are mising the usual send a message to my isp email address because my ebay mail is full.

intresting. in the u.s. you need a credit card to create an ebay id, so does this mean the fellow has 11 credit cards?

notice we are mising the usual send a message to my isp email address because my ebay mail is full.

I almost got beat, one time, and it was over Klipsch gear. LOL

I've bought multiple Crown amps, Nikon cameras and lenses and never a problem. Even picked up some JBL clone horns from Australia. No problem. But a pair of "HIP's," actually the non-ported "H's," seemed a little hinky. So I got the Insurance. The only time I ever did. I knew what they were, but figured if the seller was not above mis-representing them... he might do something more.

Sure enough, communication broke down as soon as I did the PayPal thing. The guy created two DSL shipping numbers, but they never went active. I never could get a phone number .... even though I emailed mine and said to call anytime.

They guy said the speakers had been picked up and were on the way. DHL said they hadn't been called to pick up and that anyone could create a DHL tracking number over the Internet. So I filed for my money.

As soon as I did that, one of the DHL tracking numbers went active. Not two. The seller failed to respond to my claim. PayPal was not impressed. So I got my money, minus shipping costs, back. A week later, as I get the money, a package shows up. Yep, it was one of the speakers. LOL

Then the phone calls began. [H] The clown called me and claimed to be a lawyer named Dirk Diggler and that I should send the money back or he would sue. I told him to send the second speaker and I "might." Otherwise, he could forget about it. Sue me, JO. I also suggested some physically impossible actions he might try in the privacy of his home.

Of course I never saw the second speaker and the seller is now no longer an eBay registered member.

Sometimes you get lucky with these scum. I guess I got my mint Heresy for the shipping costs of two. Works nicely as a personal monitor for a DJ.

Be careful out there...... [;)]