Heresy II Crossover Rebuild

BEC

Well, I am not technical enough to track this conversation, but was wondering about the choices for caps in the HII.

In terms of values, are they similar to the caps used in Heresy crossovers?

How much is determined by the different tweeter and squawker, as compared with Heresy?

Very similar Dee. The Heresy uses three 2uF caps, the Heresy II uses three 1.5uF.

I've never heard the HII, but my understanding based on what I've read around here is that the top is more in line with the woofer (not as midrange forward).

I've never heard the HII, but my understanding based on what I've read around here is that the top is more in line with the woofer (not as midrange forward).

Very true Dean. My HIIs seem much smooter sounding to me than Josh's Heresys with the K55. I am sure it has to do with the crossover and that mid driver. His Heresys seem too forward for my tastes.

Bruce

Very similar Dee. The Heresy uses three 2uF caps, the Heresy II uses three 1.5uF.

Dean,

Your count is a bit off. The Heresy (type E crossover) uses 2 2uF caps.

Bob

Chris (popbumper) is finishing up his modified KStack network for my

Heresy II. I did a side by side comparision and found the upgrade to

be quite an improvment over the tired 20 year old network boards. The

KStacks really brought the Heresy'd back to life - Thanks Chris!!

post-22291-13819301626904_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Heresys with Type C networks have a 1 uF and a 2 uF cap.

Yes, an electrolytic, even with all its faults, is good enough for where it is at. That is why Klipsch used one in the first place. But it will eventually degrade significantly like all electrolytics. And it is still tacky!