Reference IV - buy one get one free 6/21 ONLY

MattyG

I called up Ovation today, asking about their sale, and was told it runs only once a year. Because I live in Florida, the salesperson guessed shipping would be roughly $600, negating me purchasing speakers from them and not from a store in my area. My question is: do all Klipsch (Reference) stores have this type of sale once a year, or is this pretty much an Ovation deal? Is this sale something backed by Klipsch? My hope is that I will be seeing a similar sale at a retailer not 1,000 miles away from my home. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sick

P.S. Anyone used shipping not by truck for speakers? The salesperson was afraid they would be too banged up if they weren't transported by truck.

Do they still have a store in Louisville?The last mailer I got(blu-ray)listed 3 Indy area stores,Ft.Wayne,Cincinnati.

There is a store in Lexington still. Although it is different ownership now, I'm not sure if they were running the 2 for 1 sale. They still accept the Ovation Preferred credit card. They have also added a few other lines like McIntosh gear. Looks like the new ownership is concentrating on home entertainment, as they have dropped the car audio lineup.

Another bonus is that my original salesman is still with them, so I don't have to "break-in" another salesman.[H]

The salesman at Ovation told me that these speakers were B-stock from Klipsch that had minor cosmetic defects. On his floor, he had a pair of RF-83 and a pair of RF-63. He said that he could not find any defects on the RF-83. On the RF-63, he pointed to very small scratch on the top. They only had cherry. He is getting me a pair of black RF-83. They have a 7 day return policy so I can compared them at home to my RF-7s.

Mark is correct,when I got to Ovation the 83 boxes said b-stock.I opened em' up right on the spot and did a thorough exam,they looked fine to me,maybe I got lucky.My guess is they were purchased and someone saw a pinhead size knot or other natural wood artifact and took em' back,or maybe just returned for whatever reason.Wood is a natural product,it grows and cherry has many beautiful natural characteristics.Since the side is about a 1/4 acre its not gonna be like fake wood finish.I hooked em' up and all was working fine so.......the audition continues.