Sub issues...HELP!

matthew2

I just baught a SHITY SUB a couple of days ago. Most of you are probibly American, so you probibly dont have the speaker company "Nuance." Anyways, their BAD. Anyways, I was showing off my, 200 WATT, 10" Powerd sub. It has great construction, a 10 year warenty, and I could kick a hole in the driver, and the store has to fix it. Enough of that now.

My problem, was while I was showing off, it stoped working. I smelled a slight burning noise. Im allmost sure that the FUSE BLEW. Is it easy to replace a fuse? I dont want to take it back to the store. And does this happen to people a lot?? THANX

------------------

Matthew

This message has been edited by matthew2 on 11-12-2001 at 05:52 PM

HA HA HA you have a *uance,I cant even spell this brand name.It gives me severe pains only good sound can cure.

*uance is a lowly Canadian speaker maker who manufacture good looking speakers and subs with El Cheapo dollar store drivers.Klipsch subs and speakers are pure gold when compared to *uance.

The ten year warranty is there to attract fishes,they change the drivers no questions asked because theycost next to NOTHING to make! HA HA HA

Go read some reviews on www.audioreview.com and you will see how respected *uance is.Compare them to Klipsch,SVS or Dynaudio and you'll see.HA HA HA

The smell you describe does not come from the fuse,fuses are encased in glass or other material and dont emit any smell when they burn.I think its the High-End(LOL) amp! HE HE HE

I dare you to compare the *uance "sub" to SVS,Sunfire,REL,Aerial,HSU,Velodyne or Revel.

I am here to warn potential customers about *uance speakers.They use sales reps who will try and force a lousy product down your throat!

cwm8.gif*uance and *uance makes me feel like this cwm3.gif

A warm welcome to all who disrespect Klipsch(Promedia not included).Cheers

TheEAR(s) Now theears

THEEARS:

1) thanks for letting him see the light THEEAR... but you could be a little more diplomatic next time... "your Nuance sub... well... let's put it this way: it SUCKS!" Smile.gif

2) he never described a burning SMELL, but a burning noise. might still be a fuse, i'm no expert.

3) I like my promedias, they are great COMPUTER speakers for the price.

MATT:

1) definitely go to audioreview.com

2) you're getting paid 5.90 an hour? that's way below min wage dude, lobby for more or change jobs. then you'll be able to afford REAL gear.

3) sorry if we broke your honeymoon with the gear, but I think you should try getting a refund from the store where you bought it, it may not be too late if there is a satisfaction guarantee. then save, save, save like i did and buy some cool gear. not too hard to gather up one or two thousands for some good used or new gear, when you think about it. just stop going out, don't drink, don't do drugs, and get a better-paying job. anybody can do it. i'm living proof of that. soon to get RF-7s... hehe.

Come on guys. I think its a great sub. I found out only later after I posted, a possibility of the problem being all my fault. I had to use the HIGH LEVEL INPUTS, to hook it up. I reversed the inputs and outputs around. (By mistake.)

I dont think the NUANCE subs are bad. They sound great to me. Now, I dont think they will out do a RSW 10,12,or 15, but their better then polk, cerwin vega, and especialy sony, when it comes to sound quality. The driver is great. Its deep, and hard hitting. Not boomy, and provides a great addition to my system. How loud your bass is isnt everything.

I love the construction, and it feels really good.

--

People can be so cruel when it comes to audio they dont like! I found the nuance to be great. And I will upgrade to the next model up in a coupla months.

Im not trying to say anyhing bad about klipsch. I just perfer my sub, over and KSW subs.

Oh ya, I gotta raise. $6.15H. And minimum wage in alberta is 5.90...

------------------

Matthew

i second the above opinion heavily.

you bought your sub for $900 if i'm not mistaken?

then you can definitely afford the FINE Paradigm PW2200 (probably even without haggling), and maybe even a good model in SVS' line.

try to get a hold of Tom Vodhanel on this BB and ask him what you could get from his line of subs for that money.

probably not the Ultra package, but maybe something pretty sweet!

BTW, i paid $670 plus tax for my PW-2200, so try haggling and you might even be able to save up towards a real component system... I spent $2000 total on my 6.1 system and it performs very well. look at used stuff, try buying online only if the price difference is really big (as in most cases you'll have to pay tax PLUS customs, which amounts to like 30% of the buying price, even on used stuff, if it comes from the US).

hope that helps!

/edit/

oh, by the way, imo, even the Paradigm PW-2200 will BURY your system, so it will be overkill. therefore you may be inclined to wait a bit until you round up a couple Ks and then buy it all at once.

------------------

'cuz not a lot of people have ever said

"Pump up the treble!"

This message has been edited by Seb on 11-09-2001 at 09:27 PM

Matthew.

Sorry for being so direct.I can be a bastard sometimes.

This was for your own good,you can have much better for your dollar.Seb is right noboy should be paid under minimum wage,you live in Canada not in some third world country.Report the weasels.

Now the Paradigm PW2200 in Canada CANNOT BE BEAT for the money.I had the 2200 for $700CAN plus tax...delivered!After I sold it to get a Servo-15...and...well its a long story.

Around $700 Canadian is under $450 US!Now WHO can beat this deal? NOBODY,not even Santa Claus.

Get a PW2200 and enjoy true sub woofing.

TV move to Canada so we can enjoy even better deals. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Thanx guys. The only problem with that, is the store I baught my sub from has only an exchange policy. I will try to make them give back my money. But if I cant, I might HALF to go with a yamaha. I need opinions from you guys on the Yamaha YST-SW800.

Does anyone have one, or herd one??

Thanx

------------------

Matthew

Get the Yamaha YST-SW800,its a good HT sub.Very good quality bass driver and a powerful amp.I only heard this sub in a store but I can tell you its a worthy sub.

Better then the *uance,way better.Its the ONLY worthy Yamaha sub.One I would buy if I had to have a brand name.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I was suspected so much,when a fuse burns you will not hear it.Unless you have an industrial 200AMP under your seat.

I heard from another *uance sub owner who complained about his amp failing also.I opened the sub and the amp output section was BBQ.

The Yamaha sub should bring you more output and more quality.

TheEAR(s) Now theears