When was the last time you had your ears cleaned?

Clint Phare

I've always had an ear wax buildup problem. I used to use Q-tips a long long time ago but heard they were bad and only jammed the wax further into your ear and packed it, so I stopped. Now only place I use Q-Tips is on the outside and in the nooks and crannies.

If you have some sort of ***, your co-pay is only like $10 and it takes them maybe 1hr to get you in and out. Last time I had this very VERY attractive nurse cleaning my ears. Whooo! Added bonus!

I asked her a few questions like if she was the official ear cleaner. She told me she does a lot of them. I told her last time I had it done was probably 3 years ago and she told me that some guys come in once a month. Now.. I wonder *why* they're coming in for an ear cleaning once a month. LOL

At any rate, it's better to get it done at the dr's because, like someone else posted, those home ear cleaning remidies are only partially effective. The little bulb syringe they provide is inadequate for the job and if you don't do it right, you can end up with an infection and you'll have to go to the dr anyway.

Save yourself the hassle and just go like once a year or so depending on how your ears build up wax and you'll enjoy your audio system that much more for it.

Believe me, a couple of times I musta been cutting off everything over 12Khz and when my ears were cleaned.. whooo.. boy did the highs come back!

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

http://www.ravenimaging.com/bobl/audioequip

This message has been edited by Raven on 11-15-2001 at 08:15 AM

While were on the subject: Don't you HATE when you go swimming or are in the shower and you get water in your ear? I mean, it really gets in there, and it sloshes around for a few hours, your ears pop and you are back to normal. It has only happened to me a few times, but I remember them well. I'm sure it doesn't hurt your ears, but it sucks while the water is in there. Oh well, back to listining...

Agreed Dean...LOL...but truly interesting. I actually asked my Dad after reading this thread, retired Surgeon, he agrees about cleaning, ONLY if you require it. My brother in law uses "Olive Oil" once\twice a year and swears by it, and if my Father agreed(one of the few times), may be something there. I'm just curious as to effects, I'm "tone" deaf in my right ear.

Guess to many years of listening to Uriah Heep\Zep\Ozzy

through headphones...LOUD...ALL ABOARD Smile.gif

To add to what SteveP said...QTips, worst thing to do!

Your pushing in on your ear drum with it. You'll know when you hit it...OUCH!

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 11-17-2001 at 09:39 PM