why I still don't have separates

oldtimer

Oldtimer,

"Beautiful Blue", huh...Great car! I hope you have a good source for parts here in the States. I've only seen one Alfa dealer, in Newport Beach, CA, next door to a Ferrari dealer. Fortunately, the 164's are as ubiquitous in Italy as the Taurus is here...The'yre all over the place!

Dale

Thanks Dale. There are a number of sources around, usually one can find most items somewhere. Surprised to hear about an actual dealer; CA and up in the Seattle area are great places to own Alfas. The word is that in late 2007 they will return to the states with new models using Maserati dealers for distribution. ALFA=Always Looking For Another.

The sizes seemed right when I first posted, then would change. Thanks for the tip.

OldTimer, let me first say I am not trying to pick on you. Just pass on some general knowledge to the forum at large. Not all people realize how small a picture can be and still look great in an Internet browser. Your particular shot of the wheel weighs in at almost 700,000 bytes. Trivial for DSL/Cable modems to chew through but a lot of work for dial up types.

I saved your pic and resized it and this one takes up less then 50,000 bytes. That is roughly 14 times smaller.

The forum software automatically resizes the picture to try and fit it in your browser, so all but the really tiny pictures show up about the same "size" with regard to height/width. But the computer has to bring in all 700,000 bytes first. Now imagine that you are on a thread like post a pic of yourself where every post has a picture. It takes for ever to load the page even though they all look the same size.

Sorry for the rant. Again I am not picking on you...just trying to help out those who don't understand file sizes and those who have dial up access.

post-16462-13819301969962_thumb.jpg

No offense taken. I used a camera new to me. When I post the engine shot (taken on the other camera) I will try the resize gizmo. I have learned just about everything I know about computers (fits on the head of a pin) on the fly. Now I know what to look for in a file size, and even to find out what it is first before sending images . Thanks.

Plus, I am really impressed that no one has suggested that I should have spent the money on separates! Basically, this deal was more tempting than any I have yet to see on that front, plus the waf is higher.